Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

My Compound Bow and a New Musician

I have just the other day discovered another musician that I really like. While listening to music on YouTube, as I so often do, I came across her videos. She's a violinist who re-creates songs. Well, sorta. It's kind of like The Piano Guys. They take popular songs and make their own versions. That what she does. Well anyway, her name is Taylor Davis, and so far I've listened mostly to songs I know. Avengers theme, Duel of the Fates, Phantom of the Opera, Doctor Who theme, Hedwig's theme, Concerning Hobbits, etc. I would highly recommend her music. I really love it! So far she's only done two original songs, Awakening and Nebulous. I love them both!

On a completely unrelated note, I've started to get back into archery again. I haven't really done any shooting. See we were at a friends house, a BBQ, and they had set up archery. Naturally I found myself, bow in hand, let arrows loose at their target: a large hay bale. It has seriously re-awoken my need to shoot. Weather it be a gun or bow, but for now I'd prefer a bow. Now I've already got a small compound bow. When I say small I mean really small. It's more for little kids. But that's okay, for now at least. My bi problem is I lack a place to actually shoot my bow. We've got a target, I've got the bow (obviously) and arrow(s) (I lost the nock off of one, and the bow only came with two :/) yet I haven't got a place to actually shoot the bow. I might be able to in our backyard, but it's risky. For the arrows that is. I've already beat the heads a bit.

My dad was thinking I could set up the target in the backyard, on the upper portion. To those who haven't been to my house, our yard is split level. Anyway, I was thinking about that, and I've hit a few problems. See, we would be placing out target on concert bricks, so if we shot to low it could shatter the arrow. Too high then it goes over the fence into black berry bushes. Also, my dad has already gotten an arrow stuck between fence pieces, it ended taking off the head of an arrow, but we were able to fix it. So yeah, I can't exactly shoot my bow yet. I also could use a few pieces of equipment first too. When we were at the BBQ my fingers started to hurt really bad from when I was releasing the bowstring. So I really need a finger tab. A proper finger tab. Not the bogus thing I got with my bow. I could also use a good bracer. My bow came with one, but it's a bit small. The bracer protects your forearm from getting torn up when you release the bowstring. I accidentally got my arm with my compound once. The spot turned bright red and swelled a bit. It was a minor issue though, it did hurt, but was gone by the end of the day. I also hit my arm at the BBQ, and it's not exactly fun. So I need some equipment and space before I can actually start. :(

Guess what?! Adrian von Zieglers two hour compilation video of his Celtic Collection album hit ten million views! So to celebrate he's giving away the entire album free for twenty four hours! I totally got it, then realized I need to get the other albums I've collected off my hard drive. In case I forgot to mention, my computer stopped working a while back. That's been hard, cause now I have to wait for when my dad's not working to use his computer. Or I can use our grandma's Chrome book. But it would be nice to have my own computer back again. I might have even found the problem! Or part of it at least. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment