Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

One Ring to Rule Them All

Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul. One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Guess what I watched, for the first time ever, yesterday evening? I'd think it's pretty obvious really. The Fellowship of the Ring! Finally, I have seen the first of three movies of which I've heard so much about. I'm currently listening to the soundtrack, which so far I love, and as for the movie. It was really awesome! I've never watched a full on fantasy movie before, it was just so awesome getting into my element. I can't wait to watch The Two Towers! It's already shipped from the library! Squee, I'm so excited! The more I think about it, the more I'm coming to love the movie. Watch out Pinterest. :P

In other news, I was so inspired by my friend having written thirty chapters in her novel that I sat myself down to write. I must not let myself go back and edit, but press forward. It's only been two days of writing, but I've just finished chapter one. The story I'm currently work on is called Heart of Fire, and I'm hoping to stick to one story until I at least have the first draft done. But well see, I may get inspiration for another story. Either way, I'm determined to finished a first draft of one of my stories; and sometime soon.

My brothers birthday is coming up soon. He'll be twelve on the twenty fifth of this month. We were talking about our ages the other day, he can't believe he's turning twelve, and I can't believe that I'll be turning sixteen this year. I mean, I've got quite a few months until I do. But I'm turning sixteen. That seems so strange. I mean, even now I could get my learners permit if I wanted to. I don't particularly care about driving though. I mean, it's okay n'all, but I don't have any real reason to get my learners, then my actual permit. First cause I'd have to pay for it all, and as I've said, I'm almost always broke, but also cause I wouldn't have many places to go. Except the library.

Today I entered a huge, and I mean huge, giveaway. This page called Nerd Block is giving away the Lego Deathstar and Lego Ewok Village, along with five micro fighters and a backpack. Let's add things up here... that's almost one thousand dollars worth of Legos. That's... a lot of Legos. Wouldn't be awesome if I won? I doubt it, there's a few thousand other entries. But who knows? I may just get lucky.

Well, I'm off to write. I'm going to try and get another few pages done, maybe even get to chapter two. One things for sure, I will not let myself edit. I much not let myself if I ever want to finish one of my stories.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! You finally watched it!! I'm so glad you liked the movie.

    ReplyDelete