Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

No End in Sight

To anyone living in Washington you know as well as I, there is no end in sight. All the weather forecasts say above eighty for the next week (it might have been two). This weather is really getting to me; my whole family really. So yesterday us girl went to the air conditioned movie theater and saw Maleficent. It was really, really good. But for now I wont post any spoilers! (spoilers, I think to myself, hearing River's voice in my head). After that we went and browsed a couple of stores. I didn't like most of them, so pretty much just sat and read Harry Potter while everyone else looked around.

So I've been learning Gaelic (Scottish Gaelic that is). It's been through looking at how "weird" another language is that I've started to realize how "weird" the English language is. I mean the word tear and tear and spelled the same but pronounced differently and have a completely different meaning. Then there's to, too, and two. All pronounced the same, but with different meanings. Like... I dunno, I always thought English was so simple. But obviously that's because it's the only language I know. So really learning another language is more interesting than I thought!

Today, because of the heat, my family is going to a lake near out house. Yes, it's going to be crowded. But the water is warmer than ocean water and really fun to swim in. It's really the only way I get to swim because we hardly visit the pool and ocean water is way too cold. I mean, it wasn't when I went on Wednesday. We went to the beach with friends, and I was neck deep in the cold, ocean water. But usually I'm the one who doesn't get wet, or only goes up to my knees (I can't just do my feet because that's where all the seaweed is and seaweed is evil).

I sure haven't been posting nearly as much lately. Hm. I should really post more. In any case, I'm posting now! :P But for now I think I'll be done. While I wait for Sereina and Mamma to get back from the doctor I'm gonna write. Or at least plot. Or in some way work on a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment