Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

Back From the Woods

I'm back from Oregon; just got in maybe... hm, an hour ago I think? I'm really bad at guessing time, but the fact is I'm home. We left for Oregon on Tuesday and got in late that night. And so our working vacation began! On Saturday we worked at the air show. All I can say is, wow. Historic Flight really has large events because this event was tiny. We were the only booth there that day! The car show that was to accompany the event was the next day (although in the end only three cars showed up!). Even so, it was fun. Very cold, but fun.

The best part of the trip was  that I got to ride Grumpy, the B-25 bomber! It was sooo amazing! First off I got to ride in the back (I had wanted to ride up front, so I could go to the nose which is made almost entirely of glass or whatever they use). I got the seat in the very, very back of the plane. The take off was incredible, John Sessions was flying the plane (yipee!) so we did a Doolittle take off. That's where you sit at the end of the runway and rev the engines while staying in place. So the nose was off the ground really soon; daddy says that's the kind of take off they do on air ship carriers.

Anyways, once we were in the air we flew around the air port once, it was an incredible feeling! We did a great pass (I love the feeling of a tilted plane!). After that we headed to the mountains; Three Sisters to be exact. It was the most beautiful, breathtaking thing I've ever seen! The mountains were covered in thick, untouched snow and the clouds shrouded our view of the bottom half of the mountain, so it was as though the ice covered tips were flying. We did a fairly low pass; by that time we could remove our seat belts and wander around. I, of course, went immediately to the glass dome at the top of the plane. The view of the mountains from there was just... amazing. That really doesn't begin to describe it for me. Anyways, we passed over Sisters then headed back towards the air port. It's so amazing looking down from such a height. Honestly, it felt like we were flying above a model. It was so weird, but so awesome!

Then we came back and in for a landing. It was very smooth, although to be honest I wouldn't have minded it if were bumpy. I quite enjoy the feeling of a little bit of turbulence in a place (but not to the point where I think somethings wrong!).

So yeah; the flight really was the highlight of the trip. After the air show we had dinner in one of the hangers. It was so much smaller than the Historic Flight hanger, but it still worked. :) I didn't eat since I'm not a huge BBQ fan. Besides, I'd eaten a bit at the house just in case I wouldn't be able to eat because of my Gluten allergy and my thing of not eating sugar.

After the dinner John wanted to go to Pilots Butte, so our family along with Greg (I think he's the mechanic for Grumpy), and Rob went up. The view was great, but it was getting dark and it was sooo cold. I only brought a light jacket on the trip; yeah, my bad. Then after everyone had seen the view Rob said he wanted ice cream; so we headed to town. We went to Goodies, a place Daddy and a few other guys had found the night before (they had to stay up till midnight because a guy was flying out for a part for Grumpy). Rob treated everyone to an ice cream. I didn't get any, you know; no sugar. He was quite stunned, but he understood after I told him I stopped eating sugar because I got really sick from drinking a soda once.

After that we went home (to our aunts, not home, home).

The trip was just really fun and I would go again. Although I really need to build up my stamina. I get tired so easily sometimes, and this trip was one of those times. Really I should start exercising again...

Oh, heh heh, I played an entire Nancy Drew game on the way home. I did The Creatue of Kapu Cave, better know has Creature, or Kapu around here. We own almost every Nancy Drew game; there are thirty total and we own twenty five of them. So when we talk about them we just say call them things like, Last Train, or Design, or Alibi. I'd have to say Nancy Drew games are some of the best; I really want to watch Michael Grey's blind play-thorugh of the newest game, The Shattered Medallion (Medallion), it looks awesome and as I've said, his commentary is priceless. I mean, while I was playing Kapu I got to a certain part and I remember his walk through. He was talking about how he was the president of the English Club, and he proceeded to play his "theme song". It goes like this:

          Everybody in the country, in the tub
          Everybody in the country, wash and scrub
          Everybody in the country to the pub
          Michael is the president of the English Club!

Yeah; it's funnier if you watch the video and know him a bit. One time he full out screamed in his walk through. Yeah, he received "The Message in the Haunted Mansion" (that's the name of the game). It said, in a scratchy handwriting: Leave the mansion now! Then he screamed very loudly. It was sooo funny... then he proceeded to accidentally burn down the mansion. Haha, it's great... it's even better when you know the game pretty well. It's just awesome.

Now I really want to watch a walk through...

No comments:

Post a Comment