Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

My Little Obsession with Superheros

Yes, I actually mean what I say in the title. I really like superheros, but when it comes down to it my younger brother Daniel likes 'em ten times more. So although he knows many more heros and villains than I do it's still something that connects us fairly well. Especially since we started watching Arrow, a new take on the hero Green Arrow (also known as the Emerald Archer). If you haven't seen this show, go watch it now. It's amazing!

So if you haven't seen Arrow and you intend on watching it then don't read this next paragraph. Okay, so from reading ahead on the descriptions Daniel discovered that Black Canary (one of my favorites) is going to be in Arrow. First off, in the comic Black Canary is from what Daniel and I call Earth Two (it's kind of like if there was another planet that could sustain life that was exactly like our Earth, even down to the people on it). Another this is she possessed a magical power of The Canary Cry. So far in Arrow there has been nothing to do with magic or any real super powers. In any case, here's something that really stunned us last night. This character, Laurel Lance, had a sister that died five years before. A different character was looking at a pictures of Laurel's sister Sarah with a pet canary (coincidence? I think not). Then Daniel looked up the real name of the second (maybe third) Black Canary. Her name was Dinah Laurel Lance. Let that sink in... Ahhh! Crazy! And now Sarah is rumored to be alive! Eeekk, this show is awesome!

Okay, so away from the spoilers now. Um... I don't like Huntress in Arrow. They didn't get her very comic accurate. Daniel and I both this she's a lot more like a villain called Talia al Ghul, both looks and characteristics wise. The Huntress was raised by criminals in the comics (at least one of them was) and Huntress is very... loud. Aggressive with the battle crys to go with it. If she's angry, you'd you it. But Huntress in arrow is a lot more low key. She shows, to me at least, practically no emotion even though (slight spoilers here) her fiance was killed by her father. Talia al Ghul is more of a silent anger person, and so if they could just swap the two (even though Talia isn't in Arrow) that'd be great.

Honestly though, now DC has got Arrow, in the fall they're getting The Flash (Daniel's favorite hero) and eventually Gotham. Gotham will be about young Commissioner Gordon, before he even has his mustache or glasses! Personally I'm not sure how good it'll be because I don't really care about Commissioner Gordon (sorry dude, but you're no Batman). But what I think is, they should make a Birds of Prey show. Seriously, that'd be so awesome. Especially if they gave all the characters awesome back story. I'd love for them to further Oracle's story (she used to be the first Batgirl, before she was paralyzed).

Oh, looks like I gotta scatter. I do, after all, have a life to live. For instance, I need to go do some school, and finish cleaning my room. I'm halfway through a deep clean, so in a way my room is a bigger mess than it was before. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment