Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Aviation Day: On the Dark Side

Today. Was. Epic! Haha, it was a blast all the way, even though we worked "The Dark Side" (sounds scary, doesn't it?). First off, I woke up at six in the morning so I could shower and everything to be ready by seven thirty. We had a great breakfast, egg muffin things and sausage! (I love sausage, even if I can only eat one or two before being full). Finally we headed out the door and got to the event. We were technically at Paul Allen's Flying Heritage Collection, but we were volunteering for Historical Flight, just a small ways away. Now to skip ahead in the story; we were selling merchandise and raffle tickets while Daddy and Tiana were aboard the DC3, telling people about that plane. It was awesome checking people out with the i Pad. I liked it when people payed with a credit card, because I got to swipe the card!

Later on the in day the DC3 was going to do some flying; thing is we were set up right behind it. Not literally, but a good many yard away. Even so, we had to hold onto everything while they revved the engine. It was crazy; the wind from the engines was really hard, and our friends, the Allman's, helped us keep everything from flying away. Of course then the DC3 started moving and the wind so extreme. The cover over us started to blow away, and people just started grabbing hold of everything. It was totally awesome!

Of course, before all this happened something else awesome happened. Before the gates opened the Cobra and the Huey came in. Their propellers break the sound barrier, so as they were coming in at us it sounded like someone was firing a high powered rifle or something. It made my chest start to pound. They flew in formation over to the Historic Flight side. Later on in the day they were taking off and my dad wanted to video them. They were going to fly right over the view berm (a large hill) so me and my mom headed over. I ended up running the camera all the way across the public ramp, then Dave showed us that Daddy was on the berm (we didn't know that at first). Well, I ended up going around all the barriers and up the berm (which is a fairly steep climb). I got there just in time. He got the video and they passed just barely above us! It was soooo cool!

Man. I love a lot of things, and the more we volunteer the more I want to become an aviator. That isn't in my plans for what I want to do in the future. My plan is to grow up, move to England for a bit, come back to America and hopefully start a horse farm while living off the money I make from renting houses (it's a long story). So yeah. But who knows, my dad loves airplanes so I'm never far from them. All my life they've been a normal thing, and they just keep getting cooler and cooler!

Oh, good gracious! Finally! It's here! It's finally here! (Didn't this happen before?) Castles, Customs, and Kings is in at the library! After months of waiting it's finally here!

Huh. My fingers are getting to excited. I kept misspelling words in that last paragraph. I think I'm going to go watch Boy Meets World (if you haven't seen it, watch it. It's so funny "Remember Allen, we were worried about his F-U-T-U-R-E?" -- "Oh mom, you don't have to worry about my furniture!"

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like Aviation Day was a blast!! :)

    And I've seen Boy Meets World all over Pinterest. It looks really funny so I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete