Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Why I Don't Swim in Lakes

Guess what I got? Just about one of the most unpleasant things ever. Swimmers itch. Never heard of it? Let me explain. It's gotten from swimming in lakes with certain bacteria. Basically you get a million itchy, red bumps all over your skin. It's like being eaten by mosquitoes. The first time I got it was horrid. They were all over my legs and arms and body and they itched constantly. Luckily this time it isn't as bad, but man it's not very fun.

So the other night I was thinking about one of my stories, currently called The Shadow since I lack a better name. That story came from a writing exercise I did a while back, and while I haven't been doing any huge plotting I've had quite a bit of inspiration for it. I want to turn it into a trilogy, and I might even be able to. The thing is, I don't want each book to be really short, I want them to be long. But that is hard. I tired to write a trilogy once, it didn't work out because I was stretching it too much, but this might just work. Even though it's really hard for me I'm going to try and plot it out; in this way I will hopefully be able to write some very long books.

Yesterday we went to a meeting for the volunteers for Aviation Day. It was at the airport fire station. Our friends, the Pleticha's were there; it's their first time volunteering. There was a huge table full of pizza; it was kind of painful watching everyone eat while I can't. Anyways, after it was over we just stood outside the firehouse and talked with our friends. We stayed until dark. But before dark something awesome happened. We were all standing around talking when we heard a jet fire up. It kept getting louder and louder until soon I had to cover my ears. We ran over near the runway, which was fenced off, and we saw jets speeding across the runway. My entire body was vibrating from the engines! It was so cool watching them take off! I must say, though air planes aren't my passion, they're pretty darn awesome! I forgot what types of jets they were...

Oh, looks like I gotta go. Tomorrow is Aviation Day; we leave the house a quarter before eight so I have to get up early. Right now I need to go make my food; I can't count on being able to eat any of the food at the event. Between not being able to eat sugar or gluten, my options are extremely limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment