Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Canada, Full Steam Ahead!

Hey guys, guess what? My grandma is flying from California today to visit us! She'll be staying until next Wednesday. I'm really excited! Although even more exciting; sometime during her visit we're going to take an over night trip to Canada! Yes, we're going to Canada! I've been there once before, but I was too young to remember it. Now I'm definitively old enough to remember, so I'm super excited! I want to take loads of pictures to share here on my blog, and I'll hopefully be able to borrow by mom's camera. It's way better than mine!

I'm totally obsessed with the Harry Potter soundtrack. Now that I've downloaded Spotify I can listen to it on my computer all I want. So far my favorite movie score is The Prisoner of Askaban and my favorite character (the movie version at least) is Luna Lovegood. She's just... awesome. I'm not entirely sure why, but I just really love her character. Actually, somewhat surprisingly, I kind of like Snape. Sure, he's quite stiff and he doesn't like Harry. But even so, he's kind of cool. For some reason I find it funny when he whacks the students (more like Harry and Ron) on the back of the head with a book. I'm totally a Potter Head.

So yesterday I worked on The Shadow a bit. My goal was to write two thousand words a day, starting yesterday; sadly I only wrote about seven hundred. Oh well, it's more than nothing. Besides, I did a bit of plotting out. Plotting is something I've always found really, really hard. Even so, I'm trying to work through that so writing will become easier. I've also been reading a lot of writing tips on the internet. So that helped motivate me.

I'm going to Canada! Ha! I'm still quite stunned. See, we always plan trips way in advanced. The bigger it is, the farther in advanced we plan it. Now this is a fairly small trip, but we only started planning it a few days ago. Crazy, right? It's like when we went on our Disney Cruise two years ago; we planned it only a few months in advanced when usually we'd have done it a year or so in advanced. I love spur of the moment trips!

Gahhh! I love Harry Potter! This soundtrack is aaammmaazziiinnnggggg!!!

2 comments:

  1. Canada sounds like fun! Are you going to Victoria or...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to Vancouver. :D I'm really, really, really excited! We're actually doing something! I almost forgot how exciting it is to go on vacation (even if it is short). Squee!

    ReplyDelete