Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Our Canada Trip

I'm back from Canada! Okay, actually I've been back for quite a while. We left on Thursday and came back the next day on Friday. The reason I didn't post was because I wanted to upload my pictures from my camera but... I just haven't gotten around to it and I want to post.

First off, we went to some pretty interesting food places in Canada. The first one was a taco place; my mind is going blank and I can't remember what it was called. Anyways, first off there was a sign next to the door that said: At this sight in 1897, nothing happened. Isn't that awesome? Okay, back to the tacos. The place was really small. Like it was a hallway and then a tiny area to sit and eat. We ordered ours and took them to the park nearby. I, of course, got them as plain as possibly. Just beans and cheese. Unfortunately they weren't plain enough; the beans must have had some sort of sauce or spice mixture because I did not like them. I ate them anyway, but they weren't that good.

After that we wandered around the city. We kept having problems with one way roads; we almost went on one while going the wrong way once, and I think we might have gone on one the wrong way once. But I'm not sure. As we were driving around the city the were people everywhere! This eventually led to us saying, "Don't hit the pedestrians!".

So uh... I don't remember what else happened that day until we got our hotel rooms. They were nice, but since we had to get two we couldn't all see each other at all times. We were one door away, so just a short walk. But this led to Tiana and me using the phone to talk to each other. We kept calling each other and being really weird. Then Sereina and I kept swapping and things. We got some really funny video of it!

Then came sleeping. Oh gosh; worst night of sleep ever. First off, the rooms were stuffy when we arrived. But we didn't turn on our air conditioner thingy because we were at the other room hanging out. We turned it on a little bit before bed, then turned it off because of how noisy it was (I personally didn't mind the noise). Well, I ended up sleeping on top of the covers and multiple times in the night I got up and stood in front of the bathroom window to cool down. The hot air made it hard to breath (for me at least). Like, I could breath, but I needed cold air. Luckily I finally fell asleep. But it was terrible. I was up half the night, so the next day I was really tired.

Erm... I don't remember what happened on the second day. Oh my gosh! I totally forgot! On the first day, after dinner we had pie (yes, I splurged and at sugar! Gasp!). The pie... oh my gosh. It was the best gluten free, dairy free pie I've ever had. It was better than pie with gluten in it. The crust was so sweet, and it melted in your mouth. Oh, it was amazing. Okay, back to day two. On day two we ate breakfast at Smak; a place that serves healthy food. I just got a sugar free hot chocolate and a smoothie. While we were eating my dad and I were sitting at a bar area, and we could see everyone who passed. This turned into a game: whenever someone walked by while talking on their phone we'd get minus one points, and for every person who didn't have a phone we got plus one point (people listening to music didn't count). Well, the results were very different than I thought. Less than ten people, out of about fifty, were on their phones. Later in the day we got this amazing ice cream (my second, and last sugar splurge for the trip). I got chocolate, and let me tell you. It was the best chocolate ice cream I've ever had. No doubt.

Okay. Now the rest of the day is a blur. We went to Point Roberts (look it up) and then home. That's about it. That roughly sums up the trip! I'll see about posting pictures some time soon (hopefully a few of them even turne

No comments:

Post a Comment