Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Decision

So I have finally decided to seriously pursue learning Gaelic! Yeah, I've thought about it for a while. I really like the sound of the language. I also love singing Noble Maiden Fair. I've memorized it, and to the best of my knowledge I'm correctly pronouncing the words. Of course if I met someone from Scotland then they could be the judge of that. But yes, I've made my decision. It's not going to be easy, that I know. I still need to decide what type of Gaelic to learn, Scottish Gaelic, Irish Gaelic, or Manx Gaelic. Probably not Manx, so it's between Irish Gaelic and Scottish Gaelic. Ogham, which I want to learn to read and write, is of Irish origins, at least to the best of my knowledge. So yeah... I just don't know. We'll just have to see I suppose!

We finally went to the Weeping Willow premiere! It was so good, I liked it better than the actual Hunger Games (not that I'm a huge fan in the first place). It was a big event and I had to dress up. Yeah, not exactly something to get overly excited about. I borrowed almost everything I wore from Sereina, since I hardly have any normal clothes to begin with. Tiana and I got some of the casts signatures. I need to frame the picture now!

Afterwards we went to our friends, the McAndrews house. The Pletich's were there too. It was a blast. It was especially fun playing Signs. My sign, which looks like a mummy with their arms crossed, sorta became the defalt of everyone. I didn't mind, although when the game got going quick my mind would go blank. That's usually when I'd just continually turning the sign back to the same person over and over again. Later, after the Pleticha's left, we played Link or Linked or whatever it was called. It's a type of tag, where everyone up two people are linked in pairs of two. The "it" chases the other person and they can link onto one of the two people for safety. Then the person on the other side has to be chased. It was really fun!

Lauryn McAndrew and I got along especially well. We're like twins. Not in looks, but the way we act. All during the premiere whenever we made eye contact we'd get into a crazy face show off. It was just so fun, I wouldn't trade yesterday in for the world! It was crazy fun. Such a nice change from stay home everyday for the past... well, I don't know how long. For a really long time.

Now, I'm going to go continue my research to learn Gaelic. I've unofficially decided to learn Scottish Gaelic, but that may change. Who knows, maybe someday I'll learn both! That would be a really long time from now though... like, a really long time. I still need to learn one language, let's not overload myself. I do that all too much.

One more thing before I go. While we were at the McAndrews Matt mentioned Julie Fowlis's music. She did the music for brave, which I like, and now I've started listening to her music. I really like it! Ah, it only makes me want to learn Gaelic more!

...Okay, one more thing. In my blogging it's possible to tell when I've decided on the title before or after writing the post. If I address the title in the first paragraph, I decided on the title before writing. Otherwise, I choose it after. Okay, seriously, I'm going to go learn Gaelic! *Squee!*

No comments:

Post a Comment