Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

It's All Cool

So we have finally met the McAndrews! It was actually two days ago when we met, I'm just getting around to posting today. They're a lot of fun and I look forward to meeting them again. We all wandered around a bit, we went to this... old oil or gas factory place that shut down who knows when. Then we wandered around there for a bit, had lunch. Oh, we played Ultimate Ninja. I totally failed, as usual. Then we played freeze tag for a little bit. That was fun. After all that we went to the locks. Lauryn and I kept wanting something really exciting to happen. But nothing did. Overall it was a really fun day!

My dad found the coolest thing ever on YouTube. It's a channel called Simon's Cat. It's a huge collection of hand drawn animated cartoons about cats and how they act. They are soooo funny! We've had one for the longest time, the cat waking up the owner because he was hungry. It's so actuate! Whoever does these must have a bunch of cats and he must have had them for a long time. The video's a funniest if you've had a cat, and so you've experience much of what happens in the videos.

Oh yeah, I finally bought new ear buds, so now when I listen to music and things I'm not lopsided. Yay! That had started to get really annoying. But now it's all good. It's all good. This time they're cobalt blue, instead of pink. Did I already tell the story of how I got pink ear buds? I think I did.

Last night daddy and I were working on our top secret project! Hehe, it's gonna be awesome when finished.

Ah, Doji! Not again! He's on the counter. Now he's not. I just fed him. Let's hope that'll satisfy him. Based on his track record, probably not.

Oh gosh! I need to write for Camp NaNo. Because I was ahead I took a little break, but now I need about four hundred words to hit today's par. Usually, now that my goal is 20,000, I have to reach six hundred something but I got ahead. I told about that in the other post. So yeah, I'd better do that soon as I'm done here.

So I just recently read the original stories of Cinderella, Rapunzel, and Little Snow-White by The Brothers Grimm. I already knew this, but they were kind of violent. Gross is more the word. Although I have to say, I like a lot of the aspects of the original Cinderella better than the Disney version. I love the Ever After version. But yeah, I wish they'd kept it a little closer to the original story. Although one thing was confusing, where was Ella's father during all this?! He didn't die, so I'm guessing he just stood by while his daughter was put in servants clothes and made to cook and clean and stuff? That's sad. But I liked Ella's character through the entire thing.

I also read one of Aesop's Fables, The Nightingale. I really liked the story, and now I'm planning to read The Snow Queen and The Little Mermaid soon. I would just love to read the original stories and now I can! The Nightingale was not kind of gross like The Brothers Grimm's stories, which was nice.

Speaking of reading, I just started listening to an audio book. This is something I rarely do. I prefer an actual book because when I'm listening to a story I sometimes zone out and miss things. But I decided maybe if I do simple projects, coloring, latch hook, while I listen then maybe I can concentrate. I'm on chapter five... I think. So far I really like it. The book is called Keeper of the Grail. I gotta say, because of Indiana Jones I've become sorta interested in the Grail. I love the Indiana Jones movies, especially the third one. The music is just... ahh! Love it!

Well, I'd better go hit par. All my typing here is doing me no good for Prev.

No comments:

Post a Comment