Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Cead Mile Failte

Ohhh my feet... I just got back from delivering papers. Daniel wasn't feeling well so I did his route and mine. It was too much. First off I was thirsty about a quarter way through, then halfway through my lips were dry and I kept thinking about water. That was the only thing that distracted me from my aching feet. Oh well, I'm home now. I need to get a big glass of water...
Cead Mile Failte is Scottish Gaelic for "One hundred thousand welcomes"
Ow. My feet are really tender now. I must have walked around three and a half, maybe four miles today. Although four is stretching it a little.
Yup, I'm putting a secret message in this post. It's not the only post to have one. Check the others!
So I'm listening to Ann An Caolas Od Odram by Julie Fowlis. I had a part of this song stuck in my head for a while. I think my favorite song my her so far is My Love is on the High Seas. It sounds so pretty, and I really like the story it tells when translated. Ha, I don't know Gaelic yet. Listening to her music only makes me want to learn Gaelic more. Unfortunately my library is terribly lacking in Gaelic books. It's not exactly a common language to learn. Everyone picks Spanish or French. I want to learn Gaelic! Ah! I'm determined though. I've been searching the internet forever, and I'll keep searching!
Actually, only one other post has a midden message... as of now at least.
Speaking of which, I want to continue my progress in learning Gaelic. So this will be a short post. Mar sin leat! (That's goodbye in Scottish Gaelic).

No comments:

Post a Comment