Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

That's Life

Oops. Haha, um, yeah. Oops. A lesson people, never leave dead batteries inside your clock for a really long time so they can erode and get flaky green and white stuff in it, possibly making the clock never work again. That's exactly what I did. See, I've got a lot of clocks, and all but one of them needs batteries. They all died (except one) and I left the batteries inside them. Today my dad said I should pull the batteries out of my non working clocks, meaning pull out practically all the batteries. Luckily only one clock has eroded batteries. I didn't pull out the button cell batteries in some of my smaller clocks, but my dad said he doesn't think they erode. I hope they don't. Hopefully that clock will still work; there's a chance it might!

Tonight is the blood moon and I'm so excited! It's like an eclipse, but the moon turns red instead of disappearing. I hope it's spectacular! I've always wanted to experience a full solar eclipse! Think about it, pitch black in the middle of the day! Totally sounds like something I'd put in my stories. But back to the blood moon; doesn't that just sound awesome! Maybe I'll try and take pictures! My camera's old and not the best, but it's worth a shot! I mean, this doesn't happen everyday you know.

The last couple of days I've taken a break on writing Prev. since I'm ahead. Well, I'm no longer ahead. I've got to write a little under two hundred words to pit todays par. Haha, I laugh at that. Hah, such a little about of words. A mere paragraphs worth really. Although my personal goal for today is to reach ten thousand, the halfway mark. I'm just under one thousand words there, so I may as well! Then maybe I'll write on True Hero, although I've been wanting to reasearch more about royal life. I've been collecting all the questions I want to find answers to; so many!

Last night we watched Alice in Wonderland for the first time. It was... interesting. I sorta liked it, in some ways. Alice was sorta dull though. I don't mean to be rude about it, but her character was too calm, even if she though the entire thing was a dream. Hatter looked weird, but he was kind of cool at the same time; I mean he's mad! Johnny Depp played him, and he did a pretty good job, although Hatter looked really weird. He's really good at accents. Throughout the movie he had different accents. I liked the Scottish one best. I love the sound of Scottish accents. :) The cat (I forgot his name) was kind of cool. A lot like a real cat. Oh, and Alice's armor at the end was pretty cool! That's what I call proper armor! Although what was up with that chain mail skirt? Wouldn't that just be extra weight that would make it harder to fight? Eh, oh well. It was still cool armor.

Oh yeah, all through the movie I kept wonder what time period it was supposed to be when the movie started; before Alice fell down the rabbit's hole. The reason is her skirt was high, like showing her entire feet. At one point in history that was absolutely scandalous! (Definitely isn't today) Did you know why the skirts got higher? I don't know a whole lot, but from what I've read it was because of ballet. Originally only men did ballet, it was a mans thing, not proper for women. Eventually women got to got it, but their skirts either made it hard to dance, or people could see their feet doing the intricate movements. Something like that anyways. So women wore their skirts higher, which at the time was crazy talk! So yeah, only ballerina's wouldn't done it at first. So that sorta drove me crazy. Since I'm not an expert I couldn't tell just by looking around at other peoples cloths (their skirts touched the ground, the way it should have been... I think).

Today's date is 4-14-14. Yeah, not entirely sure why that's worth of being in my post. But it's just fours and ones. So um, there you have it. Today's date!

Yesterday was so busy for me. First I woke up and read The False Prince until I had to leave to deliver papers (it's really, really good so far and I really like it!). Two-ish hours later I got back home with sore feet and I was tired and hot. Then about ten minuets later I had to head out and Daniel and I helped our neighbor weed his yard for some extra cash. Finally I got a break, but later in the day we cleaned out our garage. Everything below my knees ached unstoppable, even when I sat down I got little relief. Even so, it was a good day. A very hot one too. Especially when you're sitting in the sun pulling weeds.

Gosh, I've been failing at keeping up with the laundry. It's my job this week, only because I failed to do it last week and the week before. Oops. Oh well, I'll try harder to catch up this week. In fact I should go do it right after I finish this post!

Tomorrow is the next episode of Agent's of Shield! Oh my gosh I can't even... This show! It's... amazing. I can't wait till tomorrow! Sereina isn't working the closing shift, so we get to actually watch it tomorrow!

Anybody else here kind of like ancient Egypt typed music? I'm not sure what that genre called exactly. But one of the songs in the album of Brunuh Ville's that I got is called The Imperial City. I really like the sound of it, and I love the setting that I get pictures of in my mind!

Well, I should probably go. I've got things I need to do. Maybe I'll work on Magix a little today, clean my room up a bit, finally cut out and post all those pictures on my bedroom wall. One thing's for sure, I have to hit par for Camp NaNo.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also really excited, I've never seen an eclipse before.

    And I'm glad that you like The False Prince so far!!

    I can't wait for AOS!!! Oh my goodness, I've been looking forward to it all week. And I'm still sad about Ward!

    ReplyDelete