Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Fan Art!

Okay so, on the LOL Kids Forum someone asked for permission to draw my character, Jade, from my story True Hero. Obviously I said yes, I mean who doesn't want someone to draw their character, right?! I was really excited to see how they though Jade looked, and to see the finished product. Now I really wasn't sure what to expect, I knew that their drawings were more on the cartoon-ish side. This honestly exceeded my expectations greatly. I'll show you their painting.


Now I don't know about you, but I'm completely in love with this drawing. It's actually given me a whole new look on Jade and her character; the expression is literally perfect. Only once before have I had someone draw my character, but the first way me requesting someone to do it, not the other way around. Out of the two I'd say this is my favorite. It's just so cool! Honestly, I was super excited and touched when she asked if she could draw Jade. She said she really loved the prologue that I wrote, and her praise just gets me really excited. I know I'm not the best writer in the world, but whenever someone really likes my work I just get all tingly and excited.

I'm just really happy with how their painting turned out. I'll be using it as a base for Jade's character from now on. I never really did find a photo of someone that quite fit Jade's character, so this drawing truly is perfect. Gah, I think I'll have to start writing True Hero in December, after NaNoWriMo. Those comments along with the painting just make me fell as warm inside. It's the coolest thing! It's my first fan art you could say. This is extremely awesome.

That's all I wanted to say. I need to get back to writing Believe. I've already hit tomorrows par, and I need to keep up with Tiana. She's already at 41,000 words today, though I'm only two hundred words behind. Maybe I'll even catch up to Evangeline today!

No comments:

Post a Comment