Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

November Has Arrived

Today is the beginning. NaNoWriMo has begun! Already Tiana and I are really competitive. But let me start at the beginning (a very good place to start ;))

Tiana and I stayed up until midnight. After our usual few games of Poker and giving candy to trick or treaters we set up our computer spots. It felt like an eternity for midnight to come. We did a video chat with two of our friends who are also doing NaNoWriMo (it's their first year). Tiana wrote about half her par, and since it was almost one in the morning decided to go to bed. I was going to go to bed, but ended up writing a little more. So I hit my first days par around one in the morning.

Now usually I wake up, on a normal day, around eight or nine. This morning, since I was so deprived of sleep, I ended up waking up at seven. In the morning. Yeah, I'll bet you weren't expecting that. Tiana, for some weird reason, couldn't sleep. She got me because she wanted to be fair and give me a chance to keep up. Of course that was the perfect moment to mention that I'd already hit par. ;) We both went up stairs and she wrote and it's been a competition ever since. At one point today we both had the same word count, 1,750. But she decided to go and write more. I've almost hit two thousand words today; I have a feeling like we're going to finish NaNoWriMo early again.

So remember how Tommy is thirty minutes from my house, but I can't get him? Well now he's five minutes away. Literally five minutes. I called to see if I could pick him up, but I apparently called the wrong part of UPS. My parents were headed to Costco though, and said they'd stop by and see if they could pick it up. It's kind of funny, last night I was "complaining" about it being so close (you know, mock whining) and my dad's like "there's plenty of ways you could go get it. Breaking into the wear house for instance." Haha. I'd had the same thought (of course I'd never actually do that. I just need to clarity, in case any cops find my blog and read it for some reason. :P). You know, it's thoughts like that that really make it appropriate for me to be in Slytherin. :P

It's so cool doing NaNoWriMo with friends. Evangeline (who I know will read this ;)) has almost hit par today! :D My other friends haven't updated their word count. Mine is always updated. So unless you check as I'm writing, the number on my account will be exactly how many words I've written. It's so exhilarating to update it every time I break from writing.

I feel kind of like playing a Nancy Drew game... but I lack a computer to play it on. Once I get Tommy I'm planning on putting all of our Nancy Drew game on him (we own all but like four or five of them). That's one thing about me, I'm a gamer. Sure, I have my fair share of tv shows that I love, but when it comes down to it I'll usually pick a computer game over watching tv. Even if it's not educational par say, I love to engage my mind. Even if I've done a Nancy Drew game a hundred times, or played the entire scenario of Petz Horses five times (it's a really long game) I don't care. I get into the story. :) Speaking of Petz Horses, that game it amazing. Look it up. I would ramble about it for hours, but... well, why don't I?

Ohhh, there's a squirrel on the deck! He's so cute! I think a pet squirrel would be awesome.

Gah. I really hope that Daddy's able to pick up Tommy today. That would be awesome. They seriously should have overnighted it the other day so I could have gotten it Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment