Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Dreams: You Love 'Em, You Hate 'Em

Finally, I think I've decided which novel to start writing in December (that is, tomorrow; eekk!). I'm feeling inspired for Heart of Fire, and so tomorrow I think I'll start writing. That'll be fun, and sometime soon I'll start editing Believe. There's a lot of work to be done with that novel, and I'm quite sure I'll have to re-write it. But none the less, it will be edited!

My birthday is so close. Like, way closer than if feels. For those who don't know, my birthday is on December 6th. Yeah, I know, I'm less than a week away from being sixteen. Crazy, right? Actually, on the topic of birthdays, I'm terrible at remembering birthdays. I only barely remember the birthdays of my family, and out of my family I only remember a few. The two most memorable are the birthdays of my friend Lilly, who I am exactly six days older than, and then Matt, who's birthday is two days before mine. Pretty cool, huh? It's just kind of awesome meeting people with birthdays that close to your own.

So this Black Friday was pretty awesome. Usually I'm broke, and don't buy anything because it's usually all about clothes shopping, which of course is boring. But now that I've got a Chase card and I'm managing my own clothes budget, I got to do some real shopping. I finally got a proper Superman shirt. I've been needing one (ha, I'm actually wearing it right now). Then I also bough two awesome button up shirts. I I've flannel shirts, and I finally got a red one, and a blue one. Of course I wouldn't pass up buy two get one free Schleich at Fred Meyers, so I got an Angus cow (which I have named Sharpie... don't ask why), a sheep, (which I have named Mary... get it?) and the new Golden Retriever (which is currently nameless, though if it's a boy I may name him Count). I ended up getting up at 2:25AM that day, and I'm still recovering from staying awake for 18 hours. One day I'm going to pull an all nighter; I just don't know when.

Her Interactive is having a super sale on their Nancy Drew games. Half off! YEAH!!! Tiana and I bought two of them. I really wanted Labyrinth of Lies, but we ended up with The Shattered Medallion, and The Deadly Device. I can't wait to play them. I actually watched Arglephrumf's walk-through of Deadly Device, but I don't remember it that much. I remember the intern at the time was in all the videos, and she counted each area that Nancy said, "it's locked" in. If you play ND games, then you'll get why. ;)

Also on Black Friday we got to some friends who live out of town. It was pretty fun getting to see them again. We talked a bit about Nancy Drew games; the one game that has scarred me the most is Shadow at the Waters Edge. Now it's easy to be really uneasy during these games, and sure I get "scarred" by most all of the, but this is one that when these two scary parts come up that I have to look away. You have to see it to get it. They just really freak me out, because I had a dream that is still scares me when I think about it in the dark.

It's time I tell you of my most frightening dream I've ever had (actually I might have already written about it, but I like retelling it for some reason). I'm in the middle of a lake, swimming while Tiana is standing on a platform nearby. It's pitch black, but there is a spotlight where we are. The water is so deep, you couldn't see the bottom. I swim over and grab a platform, to show Tiana where to jump. She makes it, and bounced over to a ship, to safety. I climb on, to my right is the ship, to the left a board standing just a foot above the water. For some explainable reason I go to the left. Now you know how in movies, they'll play creepy music, and you just know that something freaky is going to happen and it makes your heart skip a beat before it happens? That's what I felt, and from the water emerged this, thing. Imagine Infiri from Harry Potter, only more human. Smiley, and green with sagging skin, skeleton hands clawing to where I'm standing. I freak, trying to jump over to the ship to safety, but times slows and it's about to grab me. BAM! I wake up, and my heart is racing so fast I felt like I was having a heart attack. I literally couldn't fall asleep out of fear. It had felt so real, and every time I looked into the darkness I could almost literally see it emerging out of the water. It still gives me the creeps at night.

Speaking of dreams, you know how when you need to run, you never can, or you just barely move? I have a twisted version of that in every dream. Every time I need to run, I actually have the power to fly, but it's really difficult. It's like swimming, only through syrup, and you have to point your head in the direction you want to go, but you have to wiggle your body. The hardest part is you're always drifting. It's the most frustrating thing in the world. But on the bright side, I feel like I've actually flown, and it's the coolest thing in the world.

It's almost Tuesday, which is the first of the two episode event of the Arrow, Flash mash up! Gah, I can't wait to see it! It's gonna be EPIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment