Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Robin Hood, Fact or Fake?

Ah. I love watching shows set back it time. They bring so many questions to my mind. I should really write them down as I watch, so I can remember to research them later. What has brought this on? Robin Hood. The BBC show to be exact. My mom and I finally got around to watching it again. We got in two more episodes. Of course it's not the most historically accurate show, and I'm okay with that. Though I find it annoying that Lady Marion wears pants. That's one of the biggies of history. After all, only in the last hundred years or so have pants become acceptable for women to wear. It's kind of funny. With all of today's technology I forget that the eighteen hundreds really weren't that long ago. Sure, one hundred years is a long time. But that's just a little bit longer than a persons life (I'm not saying all people live that long, but many people do). So just think, only a few generations ago we didn't have cars.

I've actually become quite interested in the history of Robin Hood. But darn my luck, right when I find the section talking of Robin Hood I have to return Castles, Customs, and Kings. I'm hoping to do more research on Robin Hood, and King Richard and the Crusades. From what I've read there's been a lot of Robin Hoods. But it's not what you're thinking.

Today I got to go rollerskating with some friends. It was really fun. For some time we all kept saying we hoped they would play Let it Go (that's right, I am not, and never will be, sick of that song). Mary and I went and requested it, but didn't tell Tiana and Lilly. They got all excited when it started playing, but then we told them. While the song played I saw a kid covering his ears. I guess he doesn't like that song.

Oh, gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment