Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Sound

So what I'm about to talk about is something not many people (outside of my family) know. Actually, I don't think any of them know this. Okay, so for about the last three or four years, give or take a year, I've slept wearing ear plugs. I don't remember exactly when it started, but now I literally can't fall asleep without them. There are multiple reasons, I share a room and people make noises at night. I'll hear the creaking of the house (it doesn't scare me, but since I wear earplugs it's unusual), and just a different kind of quiet.

To continue, just recently we learned that I mostly likely have a case of Misophonia. In short, it's a condition that basically manes a hatred of sounds. That sounds kind of odd. But yes, it would appear as though I have this condition. It's actually been a huge relief for me, because I have a hard time when people make certain, totally natural sounds. I would just get angry when I heard them, and I couldn't figure out why I got angry so quickly over something so trivial. This is apparently a new condition and there's supposedly no cure. But I'm sure there's something we can do.

One thing about Misophonia, apparently if you have it then it's a bad idea to wear ear plugs. Even just listening to music is better than ear plugs (I'm not totally sure why there's a difference, other than with ear plugs there's literally no noise, while with ear buds there's still sound). So back to why I told you about my wearing earplugs for many years. I have made it a quest for myself, I'm going to try and wean myself off using earplugs so I can sleep like a normal person. My plan is to get a fan to generate white noise, create a long playlist of relaxing music to play softly, and to take a melatonin so I can have an extra bit of help in the beginning. So far the only fan in the house isn't working (go figure) so I may have to wait a small while. Perhaps I can get one from our grandpas basement, because I don't think just the music is going to cut it... hm. I wonder if the sounds of nature, or a thunder storm in the background would help as well? Maybe I can go between that and music if that ends up working.

Now on an entirely different topic, NaNoWriMo. It's going quite well. I've only got a few hundred words until I've hit todays par. My whole thing of being a few days ahead of par has been lost. In a sense I'm glad, just because I don't want NaNoWriMo to go by too fast. But looking back, I was only ever two days ahead before, and those two days go quick.

With the quickly passing NaNoWriMo days I've realized, it wont be long until my sixteenth birthday! It's less than a month away. I'm not quite sure what I want to do. What I do know is as soon as I wake up I want to open presents. Last year I did this, but everyone forgot to wrap my gifts and I had to wait what felt like hours for them all to be wrapped before I could open them. Lets hope history doesn't repeat itself. ;) Things I'm planning to do on my birthday are going to P.F. Change for lunch. They have the most amazing spicy chicken. It's basically orange chicken, only gluten free and spicy. It. Is. Amazing! Unfortunately since we're still kind of poor, only my mom and I will be going. But I suppose it'll make it kind of special!

For my birthday I'm also planning on having homemade chocolate cake, and homemade, no sugar added, jello. Then I suppose we'll watch a movie. I don't know what movie to watch. I'm considering trying to get Soul Surfer, to watch it again. But maybe I want to wait, so I can watch How to Train Your Dragon 2. I loved the first one, and from word on the street the second one was worth the wait. Of course I don't have to wait as long as everyone else, since I didn't watch the first one till a small while ago. :)

A few months ago I started composing my first song! It's on the piano of course, and it's about fifteen seconds long so far (that sounds kind of pathetic, but that's actually a lot of work!). I transferred what I've got so far onto Magix. I'm hoping to get it up to at least a minute for a short song. Since I can make it any instrument the final product may not be piano at all. I'm considering turning it into a guitar solo, or maybe flute. I'm not very experienced with working with the flute on the midi; it's rather complicated. So probably not flute.

I really hope that Brunuh and Sharm release another vocal collab. song soon. I really love the ones they'd done so far. I think Song of the Dragonborn, Cry of the Dragons, and The Essence of Life are my favorites. They're all good, though one of them is a bit rough. Brunuh didn't intend that song to be a vocal when he first composed it. I love the way Brunuh changed the end bit of Cry of the Dragons for the vocal. It had a much more epic ending.

Today I bought the Anna doll from the Disney store! It's awesome, because now both Tiana and I have an Anna and Elsa doll for ourselves. Each doll has an interesting personality, and they're usually quite crazy. I also got an awesome Lion King shirt.

Gah. Kokopelli just jumped up on my computer, and he insists on laying on it. Crazy cat, I can't write like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment