Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

So Very Close, and Yet So Very Far

My package. My wonderful package containing Tommy. My package carrying Tommy to me. It is literally thirty minutes away, as of yesterday. It should totally be able to arrive today, but noooo. It's still due on Monday! I seriously wish I could just drive over and pick it up! But that's not how mailing works. I suppose there's a smallest, tiniest chance that it'll come today. But I'm trying not to get my hopes up. It would be awesome if it came today though, then I would have it just in time for NaNoWriMo. Ach, does must this torment me so? It is right there.

So in chapter three of Gaelic I'm learning about names and introductions. One of the first things they're talking about is how Scottish (and maybe Irish) names very commonly start with Mac (I'm assuming that Mac and Mc are the same thing, based on other things I've read). Oh, random fact, David Tennant (who plays the tenth incarnation of the Doctor) his real name is David MacDonald. Yup, he sounds more like the Scotsman he is with that name, compared to Tennant. That would also suggest that some friends of ours, the McAndrews, are of Scottish descendant as well. That's pretty awesome. I'm a mix of lots of things, such as some German from my moms side, and based off our last name, French (Blanchard is a French name). I suppose if you go back far enough I'm really everything. It would be rather interesting to trace my family back to see if I'm related to anyone important. Of course, in my mind I'm racing us back to Revolutionary France (seeing as I would appear to have some French blood in me). That would be rather cool... but tough to trace I admit.

When Daniel and I finally get to move into the large office room I'm really, really hoping for a large empty piece of wall. Something I've wanted to do for a while, but just lacked space (ha, lacked space, story of my life :P) was to create multiple family trees of the royal families I like to study. In the end they almost always connect in a way. Mary Queen of Scots was Elizabeth I cousin. The last Empress of Russia was the granddaughter of Victoria. Those are a few that come to mind. Actually they could be it, but royals believed in marrying other royals for treaties, so there's a large chance I'll find out more (that's actually part of why many of the royals over the ages have been sickly, they kept marrying their own kin).

I'd also like a large stretch of wall to tape all my story inspiration pictures to. Right now I have a whole bunch taped under my bed. They're a bit beat up though, so I'd like a better place for when I eventually get that room. I love daydreaming about when Daniel and I will move over there though. It'll be so weird. When we do we'll be putting in a door. That'll be odd. And it'll be so big! I've always shared a room, and I've never had a large room to begin with.

Over the course of my life I've never successfully written a journal/diary. I started them, forgot to write for months, and decided to start over. Just repeat that a few times. Yeah. Well now that I've been trying to do school I've been writing in a journal everyday day (or almost every day). I've had it since October seventh of this month. It's actually kind of fun now, I'm not sure what changed. It's cool to think of someone in the future reading it, and being all excited because everything in it's true. That's how I felt about reading Olga Romanova's diary. It so so amazing, because I knew that on that date, she did that at that time. Like I never would have known that the royal family read A Study in Scarlet. I just find that really, really cool. Ahh... someday I want to visit Russia... maybe even learn Russian one day...

Okay guys, deep breath... today's Halloween... tomorrow is the start of NANOWRIMO!!! AHHH I'M SO EXCITED, IT'S TOMORROW, THE DAY HAS COME TO STAY UP UNTIL MIDNIGHT AND START THE CRAZY JOURNEY THAT ENDED IN WONDROUS DISASTER LAST YEAR!! Hoo... woa.. yeah. I'm really excited. Gah! :D

Back on the topic of Tommy. He's so close. Maybe the tracking information just didn't update. Maybe he's out for delivery. After all, I know from experience that sometimes the tracking information is wayyy off and you get your package before then. But I also know from experience that shipping company's don't focus entirely on you and my package will probably come Monday. Which is completely tormenting me because it's right there.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alina.
    On the part when you said you needed more space for your story inspiration pictures under your bed. You could keep them in a binder. Like one binder for each book, the pictures all on paper which goes into clear sleeves, and sections of pictures for scenes you imagine. Just one option. =D
    Elie

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I LOVE that you named your computer Tommy! AGH! A little fangirling. ;)

    ReplyDelete