Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

More to My Job

So it would seem that Jo Blankenburg (one of my new favorite composers) has had his music featured in film promos for some big movies. His music was featured in a Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (part 2) promo, as well as How to Train Your Dragon, The Hunger Games, and X-Men: Days of Future Past to name a few. I think that's really awesome! Jo's music is amazing!

Around three months ago my mom found a stable and emailed them, asking if we could volunteer to work around the horses. I was so excited when they emailed back saying they were looking for volunteers! But as I'm coming to know, when someone owns a horse they don't seem to have much time to answer their phone or email. So we didn't go out to their place until today. We wanted to see what was up, since they weren't answering our emails and phone calls. Turns out they've been super busy, and I may not get to volunteer for quite some time since I'd need supervision while working with any of the horses. But I hold hope.

My job has now expanded. One a month I will be taking care of the bills of one of the company's my dad works with. I'm a little apprehensive, I mean I don't want to mess everything up! But after learning everything it entails I think I'll do fine. It'll just take a few times of doing it to know exactly what I'm doing.

Even with NaNoWriMo only fifteen days away I'm letting my mind wander. I have this other story, Heart of Fire, and it's been on my mind for a few days now. It's going to be a historical fantasy based off of fourteenth century Scotland. I'm really excited for that novel, though I haven't decided what approach to take. Halfway through the book my character loses her memory for a bit. So should I start the book right after she wakes up from losing her memory, so the reader is on the exact same page as the character? Or should it start at the beginning, so they know all the characters memories and are hoping desperately that she'll get them back? I probably wont start after she loses her memory, but that would be kind of fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment