Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

FIVE?!

Okay so I mentioned that I might try and learn both French and Scottish Gaelic at the same time. After today's practice I'm beginning to reconsider my idea. I still want to learn French, but now that I've started chapter three of learning Gaelic things just got real. There is literally FIVE DIFFERENT WAYS to say "am, is, and are." Like, the statement way, the question way, the negative way, the emphatic way, the question form of the emphatic way... Don't get me wrong, I love it. But can't you just use your voice to emphasis something, instead of changing the entire sentence? So yeah, after today I may not learn French just yes. There are still a few things I've learned that I don't quite understand, but I'm getting it. Maybe by this time next year I'll be fluent. ;)

I can officially play the entire song of Noble Maiden Fair on my recorder! Well, technically I'm missing a tiny bit at the beginning, but the tutorial didn't have that part, and I can't make my recorder hit low enough notes to do it myself. But I can play that, a very, very small part of A Window to the Past (from Harry Potter), the beginning of Concerning Hobbits, and the beginning of Magic of Love (by Brunuh Ville). There are a lot of songs I want to learn on recorder, and now that I've learned Noble Maiden Fair maybe I'll start a new one. But which one to choose?

My laptop, which I've already deemed Tommy, will be arriving Monday! Not before the beginning of November, but two days sooner than it originally said! I'm really excited! I remember getting my last laptop, the Dell. Ug. Never buy a Dell. Soon as they're out of warranty they just go downhill; and fast. Considering how terrible of a computer it was, it lasted pretty long though. I pretty much worked it to the ground, trying to make it last until I could afford a new one. I'm so excited! I decided to call the new computer Tommy in honor of Tommy Merlin (he's a fictional character, I know, but I like the name and it fits the computer). This is actually my first time naming something. I have a friend, Morgan, who names pretty much everything she gets (if you ever see this post Morgan, then hi!). Actually, I already have a name picked out for when I get a camera. I want one exactly like Tiana's, but since I'm usually poor (I just got paid, so I'm not now) I haven't gotten it yet. I would name it Chelsea if I ever got one.

Actually I'm not the only one getting a new laptop. One of my friends posted on Facebook the arrival of his new laptop yesterday. And one of my other friends mentioned that he was looking for a new laptop.

I'm in a very fantasy mood right now. Maybe it's because I'm listening to Brunuh and Adrian's music. Their music is perfect for someone writing fantasy. I also feel in a very... horsey-ish mood. I've been pinning horse stuff lately.

I can almost walk normally; now I can put my full weight on my right foot, and I can move it all the way around without any pain. I just can't put those two things together, so I'm still limping around the house a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment