Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

I Wear a Fez Now, Fezzes are Cool

Tomorrow is the costume party. Today I "finished" my costume. I'm going as a Whovian, and what complete Doctor Who nerd outfit is complete without a fez? I made it today, with some help from Tiana since she knows how to sew. I really like it, though there was the problem of it staying on my head... in the end I'm using bobby pins. I wish I could just have it loose, to take on and off, but alas, it would not stay on my head if I did. It's sort of weird wearing a fez, because it's just perched on your head kind of awkwardly. Because of this fez I know own two bobby pins! I've never had any before, but as I said I need them to keep my hat on. I'll especially need it during the bow, since our friends and us are preforming a play. I'm not an actor, but I'm in the final cast call as the producer. Really I'm more of a director/producer. I'm hidden in the back helping with costume changes, directing the lights, etc. It's kind of fun actually. Not that I'd want to pursue it for a career; but still fun.

I've been off of sugar for quite a few months now, and while I don't intend to go back I have cheated a few times. I couldn't help it, I just love candy corn and the Jo Jo's from Trader Joe's were taunting me. So now I've made a calendar to keep track of when I cheat and what I cheat on. This way I wont go back to my full sugar diet, but I can still justify a treat now and again. Especially during the holidays. I love candy corn. Like, I really, really love candy corn. It's amazing. Right up there with pretzel rolls.

Gosh I'm tired. I've been exercising, but Sereina got this Wii game called Just Dance. I've been doing my last two days of exercising on there. You really work up a sweat with that thing. It's awesome because there's a dance for Let it Go. I don't care how many times I listen to that song, I don't think it'll ever be annoying to me. It's just epic!

NaNoWriMo is almost here! Tomorrow will be the one week point (though because Tiana and I are staying up till midnight on Friday you can almost take a day off... you know, because we're not sleeping. Well, we are, but... eh, you know what I mean). The sad thing, as I keep saying, I'm getting really motivated to work on Heart of Fire. Ha, I just had a funny thought that borderlines of terrifying/insane. Trying to write two novels in November. Like you hit par that day, then work on the other until you hit par. You'd have to be crazy to do that. I remember last year, not to scare anybody off or anything, but there were days that Tiana and I hardly left our laptops. Ah, good times... good times.

I shouldn't have eaten all that pizza. I ate over half a pizza... but that's actually the norm now days when we get pizza. I eat gluten free, and so I get one third of each of the two pizzas to myself. That doesn't mean I have to eat them all at once, but hey! I was hungry. What can I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment