Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Yes, I Like School

For quite some time now I've been wanting to get back to doing my school. I pretty much didn't do it over Summer (because I forgot, not necessarily because I didn't have to). Luckily it isn't that big of a deal, all my school consists of is a little math on an online program, and a little handwriting. Easy, right? But I decided to add a few new things now that I've started school up again. Along with math and writing I've added practicing my Gaelic (or as it would be spelled in Gaelic, Gàidhlig) so I can get better and learn more and then I added music. I currently play piano and now I'm learning/teaching myself the recorder. I decided I need to do these things more regularly (after all, I know a lot of piano songs and I don't want to forget them!).

It might surprise people, but I actually like school. When I say this I'm not saying it's my life, and all I want to do all day is school. I'll even admit, there are days when I flat out don't want to do it, even though it's such a little amount (well... not anymore). But overall I like school. I've been having fun with math (even though I'm so out of practice and have forgotten pretty much everything I learned) and for writing I've started a journal. I try to write a little about an event or two that happened in my day; for Gaelic I either read through my book where I've recorded every word and phrase I've learned, or I learn new words on Mango Languages, or I go through a jar with words and phrases in both Gaelic and English so I can test my memory. Music is funnest though. I'm not learning to read sheet music (I have no interest in that) but I search songs I want to learn, and then I just learn them. Sometimes I play by ear (mostly on piano), but for my recorder I've decided to work on memorizing the different notes, even if I can't read sheet music. Knowing the notes makes learning songs wayyy easier, and I have two charts that are really helpful.

Maybe eventually I'll add creative writing to my list of school work. I would like to get in the habit of writing everyday (or plotting). But I don't want to overwhelm myself with school. I have to remember it's good to take small steps. I'm usually more like "go big or go home!"

NaNoWriMo is getting closer! I'm so excited, and can't wait to start writing Believe! Actually, I'm just excited to write. I really want to start working on my novels more often, but I've refrained for now because I want to be ready for NaNoWriMo. I'm not going to repeat history. :)

You know what's annoying about Chrome Books? You can't type accented letters. On a normal *shoots Chrome book an angry glare* laptop you could press Alt, then then a few numbers; voila! You've got an accented letter. But noooo, Chrome Books go all weird on ya, opening new taps and closing tabs and searching how to make pie and flying off into space! This is why I simply cannot do any work on my story Heart of Fire on this computer. It's a historical fantasy, set in fourteenth century Scotland (or has the general feel of that era) and quite a few characters have accented names, and some of the places too I think.

Remember how I mentioned having gotten a bunch of new clothes from an online site called Thread Up? Well I haven't worn them all yet, but I am wearing this really awesome button up shirt. It's green and blue and really thin; so you don't get hot while wearing it, but it looks really cool. I think it's probably my favorite new piece of clothing. I love them all really. It's so nice having clothes that I feel comfortable in, and can express myself in. Be gone the days were I bough the same exact shirts in the same exact colors and didn't ever where anything else *shudders* I had a terrible fashion sense, and I now have a strong dislike for small plain colors t-shirts.

Oh, Dinners ready (thank goodness, I'm starving! There's nothing to eat in this house!). So I'd better go. Beannachd leibh. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment