Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

A Little of This, A Little of That

Well, I've been plotting my novel for NaNoWriMo. Tiana and I got up early this morning and set up our computers (and in my case, the Chrome book) at the dining table, in the places we spend almost the entire month of November last year. We decided to do a "pre NaNo" type thing together, where we'll get up and plot our novels together. So far I'm doing pretty good. To be honest I shouldn't have chosen this novel for NaNoWriMo, because I have one with so much more plot. But oh well, I will stick to Believe (my novel) for this years NaNo, because if I change once, I'll change a million times.

Last Friday we had our friends the McAndrews over. It was a lot of fun! Both of our family's have photographers in them, so Lauryn and me had to keep our guard up. Neither of us are too fond of having our picture taken. It just feels so... weird. I mean I'd love to have some good photo's of myself and all, but posing for photos, and going out and taking them feels so unnatural. Kind of like dressing up/acting. I'll admit, I'd love to have some epic shots, or to "live in my books" by dressing and acting the part. But it's something that will never become a reality, because acting makes me very uncomfortable. I don't exactly know why, but dressing and being who you aren't... having emotions you don't actually feel. It's just awkward. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I think I'd be a fairly good actor if I really, really wanted to. But I just don't. I guess I just like to keep it all in my mind, or on the page.

So on YouTube I now follow this channel, EpicMusicVN, and they help composers get hits of their videos and music. I really like some of the music I've found, though some of the pictures they have on screen while the music is playing can be a little inappropriate. But there's this one compilation that I love so much! It's forty one minutes of music by Jo Blanckenburg. His music is AMAZING! Oh my gosh, it's like all I'm listening to right now! The first three songs are probably my favorite, except for one song, Hymn of the Apocalypse. For some reason that song just struck me, and I may just have to write a post apocalyptic novel. Actually I have one in the works, but I'm going to try and complete one of my other novels first. I currently have like nine. But there are only about five that I've really got a bit on characters and plot and things. But yeah, that song is just so epic, and I really love it.

Doji is still missing. Posters are up, and we checked the shelters. One had a cat though could have been Kokopelli's brother, he looked almost identical to him. But that's not Doji. It's so weird to think he's been missing for a week now. Actually, I'm feeling oddly calm about it now. I just try not to think on it too much, because I over think a lot. I think of literally every thing that could have possibly happened and I just don't even want to go there.

So the other day I was at the library, and I decided to look in our history section. First off let me say, it's a really tiny library, so it didn't take me long to find it. It was pretty pathetic, sad to say. I did find three books though, one about the Titanic, and two about the Romanov's. There's one that I recognized on the spot, The Resurrection of the Romanov's. I think I saw it on Goodreads before or something. Naturally I had to check it out, even though I have so many other books that I need to read before I have to return them to the library. Such as The Giver, The Book Thief, Murder at Hatfield House, The Shadow Throne, The Time Travelers Guide to Medieval England, Artemis Fowl, etc. Then there's book I own that I need to read/finish reading like The Deathly Hallows, Golden Sovereign, Anne of Green Gables, Mara, Daughter of the Nile, etc.

I think I've almost completed my training for working for my dad (i.e. Trebon). It's not the kind of training where I'm going to class, and he's teaching me everyday. I'll just be doing something like cleaning the house, reading, writing, and he'll just call me and show me things I'll have to do. Today I had to move some files around, and one needed updating, because we got a different lender than we originally anticipated. It's actually quite fun, as I've said before. I feel so important working pulling the file out and looking through things, checking it off, creating folders and things, prepping emails. It's just fun.

Tiana and I want this warm weather to die. We are ready for Autumn. I am ready for Summer to die. It's been too hot lately. I mean, Summer's okay, but I have very specific standards. Honestly the best part of Summer is when it's evening, and your outside and people have their sprinklers going. The sun is just beginning to set, and you're barefoot on the pavement, staring at the golden light. The air just barely stirs, and the temperature is just to the point where you don't need a coat, but you aren't the least bit hot. When the sky is clear, except in the distance where the clouds glow creating a brilliant sunset. That is what I love about Summer. As for the rest, eh. I'd take a fall day, sitting inside with a warm drink and fuzzy socks any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment