Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Oh Glorious Rain, How I've Missed You

Why is my playlist bar whacking out on me? The funny thing is I haven't updates it since this happened, and I noticed the exact same thing on another friends blog. They must be having technical difficulties.

Today when I went outside to to morning chicken chores the world was a deep, rich green and grey. The grey was from our stones, and the colors of the plants had turned such vibrant colors. It's so wonderful because it's cold. Real cold, it' doesn't quite feel like this usual cold in the morning, then hot in the evening weather. Autumn is approaching and the weather is changing! I have missed the rain and cold. I am very happy to be cold, because I love warming up under a blanket with a warm drink. I get in my own cozy little nest and I can write and read and it's so much more enjoyable than when it's burning outside. I love cold weather!

I've been working hard on plotting my NaNo novel, and lately I've been working on my characters. For the fun of it I'm doing each character sheet in a different font so it's like each character has their own handwriting. I'm so excited for November! Oh yes, so I've been finding out how many of my friends are going to do it; one said yes, one said almost positively (as long as she comes up with a story), another said yes I think, another is but isn't doing it, and one is thinking about it. I hope more people do it than not, cause I'd love to interact on the sight, and give ideas and encouragement. Have writing sprints! Those are always fun, because you get really competitive and want to write the most words. Even if most of my friends don't, I'm going to do NaNo (obviously). I want to do it every year. It's just so encouraging writing so much in such a short about of time. I mean least year I wrote ninty three pages. Ninty three! I've never written that much before! Even though the story was a disaster and I don't let people read it (it would be so embarrassing) it's still cool to think I wrote that much.

This year's NaNo is going to be so different. I'm plotting so much more, I know the characters way better, and I just generally know what to expect. I think I'll set my goal to finish before Thanksgiving again. I don't want to be writing during all the chaos of Thanksgiving, Black Friday, etc.

So I asked my dad what my position would be called (you know, since I'm working for him/Trebon now) and he said I'm an Administrative Assistant. Don't that sound so cool? It's such an official title. ;)

Gah, I'm so excited for NaNoWriMo!

So I'm listening to music from the Nancy Drew games. My three absolute most favorite game soundtracks are Secret of Shadow Ranch (which just so happens to be my favorite game that I've memorized) Danger on Deception Island (which is set here in the San Juan's, based of of Deception Pass, a place I've gone camping), and The Silent Spy (which I can play one of the songs on piano, and it's set it Glasgow Scotland!). I should play one of those games tonight, but which one? It's always hard to choose, cause I've done them all so many times. Hardly any of them are a challenge. Out of all the games we own the only one's I have not personally beaten are Secrets can Kill (not the remaster one, which I did beat), The Captive Curse, and The Secret of the Scarlet Hand. They're pretty tough. Some of this music is actually quite creepy. I love it! Certain elements are really freaky, and I would not listen to a certain few of these songs at night. I know then I would start thinking of an extremely freaky dream I had.

Actually, I don't think I ever mentioned that dream. Now we've all had nightmares, but I've never had one wake me up in the middle of the night before. This one did. We I woke my heart was pounding so hard; I know understand the term 'heart in your throat.' I mean it was hard to break, literally like I'd just been running for my life. Even now in the darkened daylight the dream is a little creepy. I'm not trying to say I don't get scared, but it does take a lot to get me worked up like this, but dreams are a bit different I suppose. They feel so real, it does rather feel more like a memory than a dream.

So I think I'm going to get payed soon, from working at Trebon, and I've decided that since It'll be my biggest paycheck ever in my life I might just have to splurge in celebration. I haven't decided for sure yet, but it would be kind of nice to get a few things, or one bit thing. I really don't know what I'd buy as of the moment. Maybe food. :P Actually wait, I collect the Disney princess dolls (I know, me collecting dolls? Weird, I know. But they're cool!) I could maybe get a doll. There is one, the wedding dress Rapunzel, that I want. I have a feeling that one might go away soon so I'd want to get it. Tiana has it, and I usually play her. She is Queen Vampire (it's a long story) and Flynn is her minion. Then there's Anna, she finally got married to Hans. Oh, and Mother G. That is Mother Gothel, but I never call her that anymore.

Well, I should get back to work on my novel. Besides, I have to go help tidy up the house soon, then when my dad leaves I have some work to do on my job. So far I'm enjoying my job! Maybe I'll play Axis of Villains or something with Daniel later too.

Okay, I'm not quite done. But I was just thinking, see my playlist just turned to one of the more mournful songs from Danger on Deception Island. It is, in a sense, quite amazing just how much music affects our mood. At least it does mine. It comes with so much inspiration though! I mean when a sad song plays after a bunch of happy ones I usually go really still and my eyes go out of focus. I start thinking really hard about something sad from my characters past. All my characters have something sad in their past, otherwise they're not interesting. Like most of my characters are orphans. It's pretty rare that my characters have living parents. I don't have anything against them, but most of the time if my character is fighting a rebellion or traveling across the world I don't want them having the usual worries about getting home safely. I want them to be reckless, or feel lost and without hope. I dunno, it's just how I work.

Okay, now I'm going to end this post. Or will I? You all know my track record "one more thing, no just one more thing, this will be the last things, not this will be the last thing". Now I shall leave. Mar sin leibh.

No comments:

Post a Comment