Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2014

I Hate This

Doji is still missing. We are going to print posters today and put them up. We checked with our neighbor (the ones who had the basement that Kokopelli got himself stuck in for five days). But Doji wasn't there. There really hasn't been any sign, and I know if he could come home he would. So he's either trapped or hurt so badly that he can't move. I hate to think that either one is true, but I would prefer trapped. I wish we'd find him.

The odd and freakish thing about it is if feels almost normal. It almost feels like he's been gone so much longer, like something happened and we know he's not coming back. I mean, I don't want it to feel normal. I don't want him to be gone! I need closure. I always imagined that our cats would die of old age, and we'd know that they were gone. But not knowing, thinking that maybe he could be in someone's home, trapped, hurt, in a shelter, dead. It's ten times worse than him just being dead, but cause you just don't know. Ug, I hate this.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh Alina, if there was anything I could do, I would. I'm praying that you find Doji very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Evangeline, that really means a lot to me. :) I guess this is really hitting me hard. It's just so weird that we didn't notice right away and it just makes me feel kinda guilty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel guilty, you know how cats are. Elusive, and teasing. Only letting you see a glimpse one day and another the next. They could be sleeping in a flowerpot for ages. I don't know if that's different for Doji and Kokopelli. But like I said, don't feel guilty.

      Delete