Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Lots of Shopping

I think I have mentioned on this blog before about my lack of clothing. We don't have money coming in all that steady, and I've been outgrowing all my clothes. It's kind of been a nightmare, because when you're clothes don't fit well then I feel really awkward and uncomfortable. But yesterday all that finally changed. My grandma is here from out of town, and she offered to buy me some much needed clothes (I've literally been wearing the same jeans for months, with washing them of course). Usually when I got shopping we spend the day at the mall (which is one of my least favorite places) and find hardly any, or no clothes that fit/feel good/are in our price range. Yesterday was completely different. We started by doing some online shopping on Thread Up. It's a place that sells barely used clothes (so they're still in almost perfect condition). Sereina got free shipping (I forgot how, something to do with Pinterest I think?) and so I got to go through and I ordered a new jacket, and quite a few shirts! Then we went shopping and I finally found a pair of jeans that look amazing and feel amazing, along with some knee high socks (my favorite) and a camasal. So I pretty much have an entier new wardrobe (except that my shirts aren't here yet). It was also a very good day because my grandma treated us shoppers (my mom, Tiana, grandma, and myself) to lunch at P.F. Changs. Their spicy orange chicken is out of this world! Ohhh, it was sooo good! We hardly ever get to go to Changs, just cause it's kind of expensive and my dad doesn't like it very much. But I love it!

So my day out shopping wasn't so bad after all.

It's almost October! Then it's only a month until NaNoWriMo, and everyone can start entering their novel information on the site! I have so much plotting left to do, but I'm still way more confident than last year. Last year literally all I had to work with was "two girls get caught in a tsunami and end up on a deserted island, but it's not deserted because there's actually a terrorist organization that's going to kill the president." If I wrote fifty thousand words from that then I think I'll make it this year. Gahh, I'm so excited! :D

Kokopelli is laying on my lap, and I'm sitting on the floor, so typing is really hard. I have the Chrome Book on my knees, and the only thing keeping it there are my palms. It's very shaky, but I'm actually doing pretty good. Koko's still depressed. He sleeps at the top of the stairs all the time, like he's waiting for Doji to come through the door. I still hold hope, however slim it may be.

Well, I think I ought to go take a shower. Then I'm going to make myself a big cup of chocolate milk and sit down and wither plot Believe, research supernatural activities, or practice Gaelic. I've been meaning to get serious about learning it. I think I'll practice a little now: Tha mi duilich - I'm sorry. Ciamar a tha thu? - How are you (informal). Tha mi fuar agus fliuch - I am cold and wet. Latha math - Hello (good day). Beannachd leibh - goodbye. Tha mi gu math - I'm well. Madainn vhath - goodmorning (feminine). Oidhche mhath - goodnight (feminine).

Okay, I'm gonna go shower now. Beannachd leibh!

No comments:

Post a Comment