Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Grand Opera and Other Things

It's been a week since Doji disappeared. My hope is that someone saw him, and seeing no collar took him (he is, after all, a pretty cat). Why would that be my hope? Because if someone took him, even if they're keeping him indoors, there's hope he'll come home. Doji is... trouble. He is a disaster, and very sneaky. One way or another, if someone's keeping him indoors, he's gonna get out. So hopefully that's what happened and he's either gonna get out and find his way home, or is already on his way home. This is my hope.

In other news, today we went to an opera open house thingy. We got to see a little behind the scenes, these guys did these on the spot mash ups of stories, and we got to see a little bit about trap doors and effects on the stage. It was pretty cool, but I don't think I'd even pay to go to an opera. It just ain't my thing.

Forty days until NaNoWriMo! Whoo hoo! I'm so excited, yet nervous. I mean, I'm not sure I've got enough plot (ug, the same struggle as last year). Again, I really should have chosen my other story. It had roughly the same about of plot I have now, only that was just the beginning of a bigger story. I also need to stay focused, because I want to start working on other stories now. It's just how I work; whenever I feel the urge I switch stories that I'm working on. It's the only way I'd even get anything done on all nine (though only about four or five are really serious stories, if you know what I mean).

Actually, speaking of NaNoWriMo, we have one confirmed friend! Her name is Lilly, and she's officially going to do NaNo! I think my other friend, Evangeline, said she was doing it and my friend Lauryn said she's doing it, and her older sister Morgan might do it too. I hope lots of people do it. I want people to talk to on the sight, swap stories! I think to get to know a person (if they're a writer) it's good to know what type of stories they like. Get the feel for them, the mood and things. Like as some people may know about my writing, I love big. Whenever I do a writing exercise I always take a drastic turn with something like a battle, kidnapping, volcano erupting, etc. I don't do "normal" I do battles. Big, bad villains! Don't get me wrong here though. I love character development, something to make you relate and sympathize, villains you can love/hate! Buuuuuut, I usually mix it with something drastic.

I finally got How to Train Your Dragon from the library! :D I'm so excited, I'm planning to watch it tomorrow. But you know what's funny? My neighbors actually have owned this movie the whole time so I could have borrowed it ages ago! But I forgot (yes, I actually knew that but had forgotten!). Ah, the brain tis a funny thing (yes, I meant to say tis instead of is).

My pajamas smell funny. I think it's the new laundry soap we're trying. I don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment