Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

False Alarm, Thank Goodness

Something kind of strange just happened. So just us kids are at home, since my dad is off to Idaho for a few days and my mom is out. We were cleaning up the house when someone knocked at the door. Not too unusual, so of course we all fell silent and started crawling around like ninjas to see who it was. Tiana and I crept over to the window in the living room, Sereina went to the window in hers. We looked out and I could barely see what looked kind of like a red hoodie. They stayed at the door, and we waited for them to go. But they didn't. People stay and knock a few times before leaving, but they were staying a little longer than the usual Joe.

Then we heard someone messing with the door. Okay, maybe they were leaving a flyer. But they kept messing with it. It didn't seem like they were just putting in a flyer, and we started to get suspicious. Tiana confirmed my thoughts by telling my to go get a gun. I ran to them, but after opening one of the cases the gun was not there. Where the heck had daddy put it? So I couldn't find any others, I looked the in the usual places. Then finally I just grabbed the AR just cause it was right there. But it didn't have a magazine, as I pointed out. No way would I fool anybody, if they did get into the house. Sereina checked again, but the person had gone thankfully. I put the AR back and everything was normal.

That was quite different. I didn't necessarily think someone was breaking in, but at the same time they were being a little strange. It turns out it was an old lady (haha, definitely didn't need to worry :P). But even when looking out windows there's no way to tell who's at the door unless they stand wayyyy back. So that was out interesting event of the day.

Haha, it's kind of silly looking back. But it's interesting, because as they continued to fiddle with the door my adrenaline started pumping. I wasn't scared, though maybe that's because I didn't truly sense danger. I mean I was going for the guns and I wasn't scared. But then again, I didn't have any cartridges so I knew I would never actually shoot. It's weird, thinking about if someone did break into the house. If I had the gun I've always wondered how I would feel. Calm? Scare? Angry? I really have no idea. I'm glad this was a false alarm. :)

So I've decided to try out Pandora, it's an online personal radio type thing. They got all kinds of music, and you create stations. You never know what they're going to play. I never used it before because I like specific songs, but i decided to give it a try. Of course they don't have any of Adrian von Ziegler or Brunuh Ville's music. But they do haves songs by Taylor Davis! Her music is awesome, especially her two original songs.

I challenged Tiana to a Monopoly showdown. She's always beat me in the past (this is sorta out game) because she is a hard bargainer. In other words, she doesn't budge. Well I challenged her, and whoever wins gets to choose tonight's movie. Tiana is thinking of the usual, Star Wars or Indiana Jones. I like those movies, but have seen them too many times. I'm thinking more like Avengers, Frozen or Tangled, Thor, etc. Probably an action movie. I love those!

Okay, I'm listening to one of the songs in the Batman trilogy. It was done my Hans Zimmer, one of my favorite official composers. He did the movies Spirit, The Lion King, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Pirates of the Caribbean (which is one of my favorite movie soundtracks!). So this station (this is on Pandora) is more like my Hans Zimmer station than my soundtracks station. :P Ohhh, I should start a station for Irish songs. I used to have one on Sereina account, and there are some really awesome Irish songs. Maybe I'll start one for Gaelic songs too. The more exposed to the language I get, the better. Actually I've started to recognize a few words in s a few of the songs. At least I think I am. :)

I CAN'T WAIT FOR NANOWRIMO!!! Or October, when we can officially start filling out information about our novels on the sight, add a book cover, synopsis, etc. Ahh, I'm so excited! Okay, to any of my friends who read this please comment if you're doing NaNoWriMo. I honestly can't keep up with who is considering it or doing it or not. I'd really like to know so we can help each other plot, because there's only a month and a half left!

Oh, this is my 150th post! Wow, how did I get here already? Next stop two hundred I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. Woah, I didn't know Hans Zimmer did all those! Plus, I saw his name in the Divergent credits. So...yup, guess he did the music for that too.

    ReplyDelete