Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Pulling Right

So last Saturday my family (excluding Sereina and Tiana) went to The Pit. This may sound confusing if you are anyone but someone I know (even people I know might be confused). The Gravel Pit, (such a creative name, I know) it a place out in a secret location where we go shooting. It's location shall remain a mystery for now. But basically it's exactly as the name implies, a gravel pit; it's the perfect place for shooting. There's a large back wall so we don't hit anything we don't want too, it's remote and there's no rules about no rapid fire (my personal favorite's to do that with are the AR-15 and SR .22).

So yes, we went to The Gravel Pit. We actually went with a new family we met, who wanted to teach their sons, who are a bit younger than I, to shoot. My grandpa also came for a short while, as well as Rob, a friend of my dads. Well, we drove out there really early so we could secure the pit (it's a first come first serve basis out there). Luckily we got it all to ourselves, and after setting up the targets (i.e. soda cans, paper targets, clay pigeons, etc.) we started shooting. Or should I say everyone else did.

See, we were sorta there to help train them to use the weapons, because we were letting them use our guns. In fact, I'm not even sure the dad knew how to shoot, or had shot before... Hm. Anyways, the training commenced, which mostly my dad took charge (I don't like being the center of attention in a group, so I gladly let him do everything). He started with a standard safety brief, covering the fundamentals, and all that. To be honest, I haven't shot in over a year, so I was really terrible at remembering the four basic safety rules at first.

Anyways, we finally started shooting. Since we had new people shooting I didn't shoot very much. I did go through a few mags on the SR .22 but since I's so out of practice I didn't his any of the small targets. Turns out I was pulling right, and so was my dad. We discovered this after my mom shot through a mag and only hit the bottom right of the target. We thought the sights were off, but when I went to test it I just shot right. I think I'm over gripping. That's were you put too much of your finger on the trigger, causing your to move your hand every so slightly as you shoot. My dad used to over grip all the time, but I noticed that and he's been pretty good ever since. Mostly I just need to practice more.

We were going to work on our Marksman Qualification, but we forgot the targets. But it's probably for the best in the end though. I mean, I wasn't at my best; and that was with two hands! I've moved on to one handed (in both right and left hand), timed shooting. Let's just say I might have saved myself from epic failure. :P Nothing a little practice wouldn't remedy though.

So yeah, that was our trip to The Pit. I'd love to go out there more often. We're discussing going up there one more time for the season, before it gets too cold. But in my mind, the colder the better. It was so hot when we went to the pit! See, there's little, to no air flow, so the seventy five degrees felt more like ninety to ninety five in the sun. It was torture! Handling the firearms in that heat was so hard, because they heat up so quickly on their own, without the help of the sun! So I saw let's shoot in cold weather! It's a heck of a lot better than in the heat!

In completely unrelated news, I've been re-watching H2O Just Add Water on Netflix. I finally got around to it! I've only seen the first season, and that was years ago, so I'm re watching the entire thing. I'm about... six-ish episodes away from completely season one. I forgot how much I love that show! It's kinda cheesy (not that I'm not used to cheesy), but I love it all the same.

The newest Nancy Drew game finally has an official trailer! I have a feeling my friend, Evangeline, would like this one. She once told me that she liked Greek Mythology, so if she still does then she might like this game (or be completely appalled at how accurate it is. You know how games/movies are). It's called Labyrinth of Lies, and Nancy is going to a museum with lots of ancient Greek artifacts that are being stolen. Actually, if you're interested, just look up the trailer. :) I'd love to pre order this one (as well as pretty much every Nancy Drew game they release) but as usual, I'm broke.

Actually, speaking of broke, I quite my job. Haha, that sounds weird. Yeah, I quite my paper delivery job. I just didn't really care for it. Besides, my dad has already started training me to work for him (Trebon). I'll be helping him out by drafting emails, keeping things organized in his computer, collecting important documents from clients, etc. It's actually kinda fun so far. Makes me feel important. What's better, the pay is gonna be incredible. I think I'm gonna be too rich. :P

OH IT'S DOCTOR WHO TIME, GOTTA GO THAT TAKES PRIORITY! TWELVE IS AMAZING, AND IT'S TIME TO MEET THE FAMOUS ROBIN HOOD!

1 comment:

  1. So I checked out the trailer, and it looks really cool. I might just have to get it. ;)

    Woah! That job sounds awesome! And fun.

    ReplyDelete