Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tomorrow is the Beginning of October

I was just biting my lip (one of the many bad habits I have) and it's started to bleed. Yay. Blood. :P

Ah yes, I forgot to mention yesterday; after seeing how a friend changed her blog to fall leaves I decided to change my blog to have a more Autumn look as well. I like it a lot better now (I would have had it like this a while ago, but it just wouldn't have fit).

So I've been becoming obsessed with the song Life's Too Short Reprise, from the deleted Frozen soundtrack. I really love the deleted soundtrack (though I don't care for the song You're You). I actually started learning the song on piano. It's harder than I thought it would be. I mean it's not hard, hard, but you have to really stretch your hands at times.

I've been doing a bit of character development for Believe. I have a new character chart, and I just finished filling it out for my main character, Nora. The only thing I'm missing is a flaw. How does the story change her? I'd definitely say that this story is a rough draft, still needs some work. I'm used to really deep plots with battle, and change, and heart break, but this story is quite different than my average story. It's set in the real world, with real people, with real, normal lives. No epic battles, no running across the country (er, well sorta, but no exactly). It's gonna be a rough first draft, but I'll finally be getting it on page.

I think it's going to be rough because I've been adding more guy characters to my stories (I kind of forget about them sometimes, and then all the characters are girls :P). The hard thing though is I don't know how guys things. I don't know how they'd respond to things, how they'd feel, what they'd do, how much they'd care. I know it depends on the guy, but I don't want to make my guy to sensitive/girlish. The guy in this story is the supporting character. He's helping these two girls as they come into contact with ghosts and supernatural beings, he's helping them get through it. But I don't want him to be super soft and caring to the point where he doesn't seem like he'd be tough (cause he's gonna need to be tough. Ghosts aren't exactly always friendly, if you know what I mean).

Really I feel like I have this huge idea in my head, with great characters who change and evolve into greater people; people who go on daring adventures, explore new ideas and life and see the beauty of the world. But once that's on paper what will it look like? Do I need more plot, or a more riveting plot, or am I so used to battles and wars that it only seems simple to me? It's hard to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment