Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

I Hear it Calling

So I've been drawing a little bit these last few days, and I haven't been using reference pictures like I usually do. I've gotten fairly good at drawing eyes, just as long as it's only one. If I have to draw two then it could take forever for them to be symmetrical. So I just started drawing something totally random and weird and it turned into a human/dragon. I decided that it was supposed to be a girl in the middle of changing into a dragon because of poison. The way I see dragons, extremely intelligent creatures that speak many different languages from birth and can shape shift, that would seem cool. But the girl got venom in her blood stream, so instead of turning into an awesome dragon, she will become part of an army... Oo, that would be a neat idea for Prevlion, like Thomas Bonvalet is not only using existing dragons, but creating and enslaving more to his purpose. He believes he is meant to rule Prevlion, he had a vision that he is to be Supreme King of Dragons and Prevlion. See, dragons have been banished from Prevlion and... well, it's a long story.

Back on the topic of drawing! After that I drew a more dragon looking dragon, this on with more texture. Sure, I drew scales, but it just, well. It's hard to explain. Oh yes, on the first on I gave her a fin on her head and neck, this one I gave horns. I'm new to drawing dragons, so the drawings are all very similar, but I didn't use a reference picture and they turned out pretty well. Finally there's my most recent, it's a dragon and I didn't just do the head and a little bit of the neck, but the entire neck and the tiniest bit of the back. I haven't sat down and just worked on it, but the scales are taking forever. I'm making them very tiny.

Agent's of Shield tonight! But Sereina works the closing shift, so we have to wait until tomorrow. This is painful, I mean it's already been a month, and they left of at such a critical point! Tiana confirmed that they will be playing the show regularly for the week, so today and next week there will be an episode. They'd better not take another break. That show is just awesome, totally awesome!

I think I'll make it a goal to try and write at least another page in True Hero. I've taken a little break, the juices aren't flowing very much. But I'll try! I need a good starter sentence, that's what got me five pages last time. A simple sentence made the difference, so that's what I need. I'll think about it while I work on Magix. After I'm done here I'm going to work on Magix. I've taken a little break, but now I'm back in the studio! I think I'll do something very, very tiny, just so I can making something. Also, I've been working out in my mind how to do it, and just mentally preparing myself that it's not going to create itself and it's not going to be perfect in the beginning. But I can do it! So yes, after I'm done here that's where I'll be for a while.

I really like At Wit's End. Actually, I love the entire POTC soundtrack, it's been my favorite for the longest time. It's really hard to pick a favorite soundtrack, and it's somewhat impossible, but if I had to choose, I'd probably say Pirates of the Caribbean. But Frozen and Tangled have great soundtrack too, and we cannot forget The Lion King and Spirit! Ah, it's impossible! It's like asking my favorite Star Wars movie. Or worse, my favorite book. I don't have a favorite book, I have hundreds!

Speaking of books, Catching Fire. Someone died, and Katniss is sad. I hardly knew the person, so I don't really care, and the thing is, Katniss acts like she could have saved this person. She's in the arena! Only one person gets out, except in 74th, when both Katniss and Peeta won. Oh yes, and I know that they are both going to survive the Quarter Quell as well. This book, both books that I've read, they have so much potential! But, sorry to say, the characters lack emption, I don't feel sad at anyone's death, unlike Divergent. Although that book isn't the best written book, it's better than Hunger Games. When a certain character died I was sad, and I mean the way they died. The entire story... Rue died, eh. Prim dies eventually, eh. But this character... it was sad. I literally stared at the book with my mouth open, just stunned. I hardly knew this character, but somehow to me this was so very sad. Although I can see how to some people it'd be like, eh, who cares.

Speaking of Divergent, I'm still waiting for Insurgent from the library. Who knows how long it will be? I've got lots of other books to keep my occupied until it comes in. Like a bunch of Scott O'Dell's books, one is going to be due soon, and I haven't even read it! I've been to busy reading first Hunger Games, then Catching Fire, and of course I don't just read all day. So yeah, I may have to re-order them.

In any case, Magix calls. Time to compose!







1 comment:

  1. Ok, that sounds like a really cool idea to add to the Prevlion series.

    I'm so excited for Agents of Shield!! It really is just such a great show.

    Picking a favorite song or book is like picking a favorite child!!

    I cannot wait for Divergent to come on hold for me!!! ARRGG!!! SO excited.

    ReplyDelete