Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Mostly Just a Review

Hi-de-ho friends! I'm back, and quite early in the morning. I'm not sure that I've ever made a post this early in the morning before... not that it's early. It's practically nine already. But for a blog post its kind of early.

Now! You are entering into a Man of Steel spoiler area, skip three paragraphs if you don't want spoilers. Now, starting with the beginning. I liked Krypton. It was way cooler than the first movie, but then how could it not? The animation was cool, I liked the way it looked, the creatures in it, and especially the armor. The entire beginning/first half was put together in an... interesting way. It skipped between his early life and when he was an adult. It felt choppy, although I was able to follow.

Now for the second half of the movie. I can't really say there was a middle, it was just really choppy. The entire second half felt like eight hours of battle. It was like a game almost, how many buildings can Zod and Superman completely destroy before one dies? It just went on, and on. Flinging each other into buildings, glass shattering, buildings falling over turning Metropolis into a pile of rubble. Then Superman had him, Zod was going to be beaten. But he started using his laser eyes and he trapped a family in a corner. They were going to die, so Superman snapped his neck. It was at that moment that the fighting became somewhat justified. After Zod was dead it was obvious that Superman had never killed before and he didn't want to. So although they totally should have cut out the fighting, it made sense in a way. To me at least.

Finally, let's address characters. To start off I'm just going to say, I liked Lois Lane. Although she wasn't like the comics, or the old movie. She wasn't out to get Superman, which was sorta nice for a change. Oh yeah, Perry was black. Whhhaaaattt? Now, overall for the characters? Ug. I hardly knew any of them. There wasn't much character development so they were shallow. So yeah. My overall rating is... I don't know. It was okay.

End of spoilers!

So because it's morning there isn't much to say. My day has hardly begun! Maybe I'll discuss what my breakfast should be. Yogurt? Oh, that sounds good! But... we're out of strawberries. We've only got mango and pineapple. Those aren't the best for making yogurt. Um, egg sandwhich? Ooo, yeah. With the bread covered in salted butter... yummy! Great. Now I'm really hungry. I'm gonna go eat. Sorry about the short post.

No comments:

Post a Comment