Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

So It Begins... and Tumblotwit

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I totally agree but this made me wonder. How much is a gif worth? I mean, isn't a gif a bunch of pictures that make a choppy video that's really short? Sometimes it's just video... I think.

What has brought my mind to gifs you may ask? My friend Emmaylns blog. It's called No Rush. I have no idea why. It's a great blog... thing. It's a tumbler, twitter, blog thing. Oo, lets smash those words together.  

Tumblotwit.

I like it.

Of course that's one of many variations that could be made. That makes me think of the smashed word ho-ney or porse. Words that are suppose to describe the middle between a horse and a pony. It's size that matters, so what happens when it's in the middle? It's a ho-ney. I don't say porse. It just doesn't sound right.

The word/contraction isn't. Ever thought about that word? "Translated" it means, is not. So when I said, 'isn't a gif a bunch of pictures' I really said, 'is not a gif a bunch of pictures.' So I'm speakin' old English! Am I right?

Another thing about Emmalyn's Tumblotwit, which is awesome by the way, she uses block paragraphs. This has been something that has been brought to my attention as of late. I think I'll start doing that on my blog. It'll make my posts seem way longer then they technically are. But it's good grammar. I think. I've taken grammar classes (okay, one) and I never remember anything said like that. But I'm just so used to doing a story format that any other way feels clunky and unnatural.

Why do Cyber Men come to mind when I say this?

Which brings another topic, wait, two more topics to mind. See, I'm thinking I might start using gifs. That'd be fun. There are some great ones out there. But at the same time it just doesn't fit. Maybe with a Tumblotwit, but maybe not so much with my blog.

But think, instead of talking about Cyber Men I could have posted a gif. That would have been fun. But it just doesn't feel my style. So... I'll think on it.

So begins, the large spacing between paragraphs. Now I feel like my blog is going to feel like Emmalyn's Tumblotwit. Why? Because we both just post stuff, like what I'm doing now. If I add gifs it'll really feel like her Tumblotwit so maybe I won't.

I said I had two topics to talk about. Well I forgot the other one.

Oh, looks like leftovers for dinner. Wait, no. There's new food. It's just not ready... or is it?

Well, I think I'm going to go edit my other posts, to match the block style paragraphs I'm doing now. So really it will not seem like I changed anything to any new comers. Until they read this post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment