Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Coincidence? I Think Not.

Guess what? I doubt you'd ever guess it, like seriously. How's this, I'll bet you five bucks that you'll never guess it. Okay, that wont work, cause we're on the internet. So here's the news, which to anyone know knows me, it might astonish them. Maybe not, just depends. I'm getting The Hunger Games, from the library. The book, first. Yes, me. Getting The Hunger Games. See, our family is not really into violent shows, we never watched shows with violence for a while. So when The Hunger Games came out none of my family was even remotely interesting in reading or watching it. Exempt me. Now I don't like violence, but I don't mind it. Apparently I'm fairly... well, TV doesn't bug me half the time. Like, the episode of Sherlock, The Hound of Baskerville, didn't bug me. Everyone else said they felt weird, and that it was intense. But not to me. To be honest television shows are never intense for me, well, hardly. Unless it Revolution, then you pretty much know the main character isn't going to die. Like the second Indiana Jones, when Willie Scot is hanging above the lava. Not intense. At all. Back on topic. None of my family was interested. But I saw trailers, I saw more than kids killing kids. Especially after reading Divergent, I became interested. Apparently I like the genre, Dystopia. It's basically a society that's doomed to fail. I knew my parents might have reservations about me reading it, but when I brought it up I was surprised how easy going they were about it. So now I'm really excited to get The Hunger Games, and read it for the first time. Heck, I saw a trailer for Catching Fire, and I'm already sorta excited for it, even though I haven't read the books. It just looks so interesting, and people have confirmed my feelings that there's more than just violence. So yes, that's really exciting for me. I also hope that wasn't confusing. I just wanted to convey the entire story, because in my family me reading The Hunger Games isn't like me just getting another book.

You'll never guess what happened to our friends, specifically Emmalyn. I've mentioned her blog (Tumblotwit) before. Well, remember me telling about our oven heating element blowing out? It just so happened, on the same day ours went out, so did theirs. I cannot believe that, I mean on the same day the same thing happened to our ovens. After telling about her experience here's what she said -- (The funny thing is that someone we know had the exact same thing happen today (and they also read this blog, so HI). Coincidence? I think not. The universe is rarely that lazy. The ovens must have heard about Ragnarok, and they’re fleeing before the end.) -- Her blog is very entertaining, so you know what? I think I'll post the link. :) http://emmalynbd.tumblr.com/

I have discovered, (drum roll, please) Camp NaNoWriMo! Yes, two months in the middle of the year there is Camp NaNo. I think I'll do it, one of the cool parts is you can join a victual cabin, with other writers of the same genre. So you can message, give advice, tips, and help. I'm really excited, I think I'll do it so I can get a start of the first draft of Prev. so I can finally write it. Since it'll be in Summer I wont stress as much as the one in November. I figure Camp NaNo is a great way to get a first draft of a story, cause lets face it. It can take forever to write the book otherwise. So yeah, I'm really excited to do that. At first I thought I'd do The Shadow, but Prev. is more developed so I think I'd be better. I already have a good idea of what to write in that.

I just finished playing Canasta with my family. It's a game all the old cronies know, and it's really fun and complicated. Like you couldn't figure out all the rules in one sitting. Every time we play we learn more. Just an overall way to describe it is an extremely complicated game of Go Fish. I'm not kidding, it's similar, but way more complicated. So, old people's go fish! Haha, that's. Weird to think about.

I can't wait till Tuesday! That's when Mamma, Tiana, and I go and see Odysseo. I can't believe we get to go, I wanted to last time it was in town. So I'm just amazed. I'm so excited, I can't wait! :D Even though we're going already I hope my dad wins the contest, because that includes going back stage after the show, and going to the stables! Squee! I love going to the stables. Like I get more excited than is possibly imaginable when horses are around. Like we'll be on a hike, and people will ride past, and I'm just dancing and screaming inside. If you came up to me, and said I could ride a horse right then, I would faint. Okay, maybe not. I've only fainted once in my life, and it was because... well, I'm not entirely sure. I was at the dentist (our old one) and I just got a cavity done... or was that when I got the stitches? Anyway, I got work done and they asked if I was woozy and needed to rest before leaving. Well I said I was fine, although I had to have sounded half asleep. They took me to wait for my mom to come. I sat in a chair and then everything just went black. I had a lump on my head after because I hit my head on the chair.

Wow. I got really off topic. But yes, I'd freak out. Like if you came up and said, "wanna walk her around the ring a few times?" I'd freak. Course, that'd never gonna happen. But I like to imagine it. I loved it when I was riding once a week, I was just getting the hang of posting and trotting without hanging on for dear life, then my dad lost his job. Ever since I've been looking for literally any way possible to be around horses. I love every chore that comes with them, I used to volunteer at a stable, mucking out stalls once a week. My arm muscles must have been pretty good, cause manure can get heavy. But yes, any way to get around horses. If there's horses, I'm either there, or desperately want to go there. When I had a job I wanted to take lessons, but one I lacked a place to take lessons, and my income wasn't enough to take them more than once a month. But someday, I know for a fact, that I will go on a camping trip with my horse. I'll ride there by horse, I'll have pack horses to carry everything. It'll be just like in the olden days, just like in... Steele Dust. Except I won't kill for my food, I'd have to bring it all. Well, unless I went fishing. Even then, I'd bring food. As much as I hate to say it, I can't kill animals, let alone skin and cook them. Even moles, or rock chucks. At my aunts I had the opportunity to pick off some rock chucks, they burro under the hill and could create large problems. But they're fuzzy. So I just can't. But who cares, I don't need to for survival, so I'm fine. 

I think I'll go play Nancy Drew. Why? Cause I feel like it. Well, maybe not. Maybe in a little bit. Oh yes! I wrote a review on Divergent, so go check it out in the archives.

1 comment:

  1. YES!!!! You are getting the Hunger Games!! This is exciting...

    ReplyDelete