Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Great Author

I took a quick, to see what Jane Austen heroine I was. Just to clarify I don't really read Jane Austen books, just not interesting. But I decided to and gosh was that quize right! I ended up being Catherine Morland. I have no idea who that is, but I think she's pretty, so that's a one up. The description goes as follows: You're enthusiastic and adventurous. You want to travel the world and see everything you've read about or seen in movies. You're obsessed with pop culture and sometimes (okay, most of the time) prefer fiction to reality.

Let's think about that. I do find myself fairly enthusiastic, I try and be positive all the time. I'm also adventurous, although not to extreme. The part about wanting to travel the world and see everything I'd read about or seen in movies? SPOT ON. I don't think it could have gotten any closer, places I want to go include, Paris, Austria, Bora Bora, England, Sweden. That doesn't even go into all the specific places I want to go! Now, the part about an obsession with pop culture? Eh, not so much. I mean I prefer upbeat music, but my favorite kind of music takes too long to explain. I like Celtic, duh. Not old swing. I mean, it's okay. I guess. The part about preferring fiction to reality? Book wise, yes, fiction is great. But I also really like reality. HISTORY is in reality. REAL places to travel are in reality. So I'd have to say I've got a fairly healthy balance between the two. :)

Heads up, this post might be short.

So I've been editing chapter one of True Hero. It's coming fairly well. I'm trying my hand at humor, just a little. I don't want to scare people by having to many power spurt in the beginning and to much... sadness. Yet that plays into the plot so much. Finding the perfect balance will be a challenge. I have no doubt about that.

I'm so excited, there's 29 books by my favorite author that I need to read! They all sound amazing! Especially one about an Eskimo girl in a dog sled race. Oh, and one with Pocahontas and Sacajawea. They all sound amazing, and are all by Scott O'Dell. Although he wrote a few books with a woman named Elizabeth Hall. One is about dolphins! :D I'm so excited. Although one book, Kathleen, Please Come Home, has sorta bad reviews. Apparently the main character runs away from home and either gets addicted to drugs or meets someone who is. Yeah, drugs aren't appealing, but I'm not going to base it off one persons review. All the rest of the books sound like the great stories I know Scott wrote. Yes, he's dead. It's sad, but he was old when he died. He was born 1898 or something, then died in 1989. Yeah, I think that's is. That would be why his writing style is much older then many books. Gosh, I love his books!

1 comment: