Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Short, I know

I'm going to fall asleep listening to this music, Mists of Avalon. Remember how tired I said I was yesterday? It doesn't compare to the day after work out pain and tiredness. I just want to curl up in bed and sleep, but I can't waste my day. I could curl up in bed and read though. Today I got Divergent from the library. I thought it would be written in a more... grown up style? It just feels, well. Like the story is really cool so far, it's moving faster then I thought it would. To be honest it feels like a first or second draft of one of my stories, in regard to the writing style. But everyone has a different style. Oh man, this book would be amazing if Barbara Kyle had written it. Within the first page of The Queens Captive I fell in love with her writing style. But I will keep reading Divergent, I really like the setting so far.

Other books I got from the library include many books by Scott O'Dell, although I probably wont read them until I finished Divergent. Simply because I need to return that one as soon as possible. I really want to read Black Star, Bright Dawn. It's about an Eskimo girl and her dog, their names are the title, so I forget which is which. But she enters in a dog sled race, so that's right up my alley. In fact it's one of the things I love.

So I'm always talking about the historical figures I love, although they're always royals. I'll have you know there are a few other people that I like in history. Pocahontas is one, and one of my favorites, Corrie Ten Boom. I love both of their stories. Don't ask me to pick a favorite, it's impossible.

I've got so many books from the library, I won't be short of reading material for some time. Okay, I can't stand it any longer, I need to lay down I'm so exhausted! Don't worry, after a week or two of jogging I should get used to it, it's just the initial start up of exercising. Just sucks the energy out of people. I've started then stopped exercising so many times, I'm determined to stick to it this time. I've also decided jogging for half an hour three times a week is plenty. I won't do anything else except warm up and cool down. At least until I'm used to it.

Now, to rest and read Divergent.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Black Star, Bright Dawn is on my reading list! And I just want to say that the Queens Captive is an amazing book! I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've read The Queens Captive? Awesome! I love Barbara Kyle's writing style, it's so memorizing!

    Awesome! I can't wait to read it, it sounds so cool!

    ReplyDelete