Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pitfall the Unbeatable

So I was on Pinterest (big surprise there) and I saw this... thing. It was a pin of a story starting sentence, it fit rather well with True Hero. So, being the awesome person I am, I pinned it and started writing. It resulted in one and a half pages of my story being written! Now I know what you non-writers are thinking. One page? That's not very much, don't you write like, five or ten pages a day? Minimum? Well my answer to you. No. That's not how it works. You write, and you hope to write a page. Then you celebrate. This is a page, all the paragraphs are large, and I really like my work! It sounds amazing! But wait until dawn tomorrow. That's when disaster strikes. It always sounds amazing until you read it the next day. I mean that in a good way... if you can understand that.

Oh my goodness, Pitfall! That 80's arcade game has gotten the better of me for my entire life. Never once have I beaten it, although I almost did once. I made it to the throne room, the room with the crown. And then! I died. Usually you can review yourself but putting in more quarters (of course I don't pay, we own this game!) but on level four, you cannot review yourself. So I died. In the throne room. It's my life goal to beat this game. To beat Pitfall, the undefeated! Speaking of Pitfall, I want to go play it. I haven't played Mame games in forever. Those games hold a lot of memories. Like totally failing at Joust. That game's hard! Then there's Nibbler. That used to be Tiana's and my favorite game. The music in annoyingly catchy. The old Mario game! I'm so horrible at it. Then the Ski game. Tiana used to be really good at that, although I'm not sure if she ever made it past the Yeti. I couldn't even get to the yeti!

I think I'm really starting to like the song A Thousand Years by... well, I have no idea who did that song. But it's pretty. I'm trying to decide... is it a cello or violin... I'm guessing it's a cello accompanying the piano. There's something else... I have no idea what it is. Okay wait, maybe it's a cello and a violin. Yeah, that's... probably it. I suppose. I'm a fan of cello's. Just thought I'd get that out there.

That's it, I think I might just go and play Pitfall. That game... haha, that game. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome!! I know how great it feels when you get a lot of writing done.

    Ok, so A Thousand Years is by Christina Perry. But the one you are talking about with no singing is by The PianoGuys. They added more instruments and kinda changed it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete