Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

50th

Today is my 50th post on my blog. Already!? Wow, so soon after making it... erm, sorta. But then again I post almost everyday so it would make sense that I'm at 50. I feel so accomplished!

Another exciting thing today, I reached 2,007 followers on Pinterest! I actually did it, reached that many! It feels so cool, knowing people like my stuff. I think I have good taste, but then again if I didn't think I had good taste then there'd be something wrong with me.

The weather was so nice today that our family (excluding Sereina who had to work) went Geocaching! I found the most, oh yeah, I feel like a boss. Hehe, anyway. It was fun, there were some really tiny micro's in good spots. One I spotted from a small ways away. You just get an eye for those kind of things the more you Geocach. It was fun, then we stopped at a park and had lunch. It's been a great day.

Except I need to write 1667 words for my NaNo re-write. But I'm feeling lazy, the day's half over so yeah. Good thing I have more then a month to do this. :) But soon I'm going to contact a friend of ours, Alice. I don't know her last name, but since my novel is now set in WWII I need information. She's like a walking encyclopedia about WWII. Now that I'm writing a novel in that period I've become extremely interested in that era. So now the history I like is pretty much every royal and WWII era.

So it's cool because many of the people in history that I like are related. Like I think Elizabeth I and Isabel of Castile are wait... no. Sorry, Mary I and Isabel of Castile are distantly related. If I read the chart right. Those charts, to me, are very confusing. But Catherine of Aragon was on it and from what I could tell they were related. So in a sense Elizabeth I is related. Then there's Mary Staurt and Elizabeth I, they're cousins. Like second or third, I don't really know how that works. Oh! I think Eleanor of Aquitain is distantly related to Elizabeth I... or was it Marie Antoinette? I forgot, one of the two, but I think it was Elizabeth. That's the cool part about royal history, because of marriage alliances a lot of the people become distantly related. Gosh, I love history.

For my MAE history... I really need to post. Actually I need to get these false images out of my head. See, when I think of royals I have this fixed image in my head of what life should be like when in fact if I could see pictures from those days it would be quite different. So I need to learn more and get these pictures out of my head. But then again I suppose that brings me back to needing to post, the more I post the more I learn.

Oh my gosh I just love of the look of long paragraphs now. I used to think they looked weird... I have no idea why. But now they look professional, so I try and make my paragraphs in my stories longer. Then I feel professional. :D

I wonder... are Catherine the Great and Anastasia Nikolavena related? Hmmm, now I'm curious about that. I should find out. They were both grand duchesses of Russia, only one become Empress, Tsarina. AAHH! I still don't know what is up with that. Like seriously, you have different names for you monarchy and just some people are Emperor and others Tsar. Does it matter what you call who? Ahhh, I need to know, like really, really, really, need to know.

Well, I've got things to do. I think I've decided to take a day off my NaNo, I need more information anyway. So now I'm just going to relax. My feet hurt from walking...

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a ton of fun to go Geocaching.

    History is really complicated. But that's what makes it interesting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's like hunting for treasure. It's so much fun, you should try it sometime. I think you'd like it. :)

    Yes, extremely complicated. But you're right about that. :) I checked, Isabel is the... grandmother of Catherine of Aragon. I think. So that would make her Mary Tudor's great grandmother. :)

    ReplyDelete