Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

Doctor Who Strikes Again

Joyous news everyone! I turned one of my friends into a Whovian! This is my first success and I think it's awesome. The more people to talk to about it the better.

I found out Catherine the Great's second name! Catherine Alexeyevna (Grand Duchess of Russia, Her Imperial Highness). Because I couldn't find that before it makes me proud to know it. Oh yeah, I say second name because Empress Elizabeth renamed her from Sophie something something something of Anhalt-Zerbst-Dornburg.

Emperor or Empress, Tsar or Tsarina? I've still got no idea how that works in Russia.

I feel like watching Doctor Who, maybe we will tonight. Ten... Ten dies soon. Regenerates that is, in three episodes he changes to Eleven. We really need to catch up because the rest of the fandom is at Twelve. Peter Capaldi is the Twelfth Doctor. It's funny because he played someone in a previous episode and so did the girl who later plays Amy Pond (one of the Doctors companions)

So I've revised the first chapter of my new novel I'm working on, The Shadow. It's a working title, but basically it's going to be epic. Now to just revise the prologue. I'm not sure how to pull it off because it needs a certain creepy level to it but I don't want to over do it so close to the begging.

True Hero has been going slow, I really should sit down and work on it. I mean, I sorta know what I need to write but mainly I know the end. Sorta. It's quite complicated and I'm sorta going with he flow. But I've got a main idea in my mind.

Can I just say I really like doing up blogs now? I recently did a complete redo on my history blog and I really like it now. There are so many great background I just want to make millions of blogs. But one I could never keep up with them and two what would they even be about? I guess I'll have to stick with my current blogs. I'm considering sprucing up my blog to fit with winter. That could be fun.

Okay my History blog needs a better title then, my history blog. But Royal History (it's current name) is a bit bland. Maybe I'll do like the URL, and go with MAE History. I dunno, maybe just for this blog.

Oh yeah, I've been meaning to create a favicon for this blog. I did it on the MAE History, it's a crown. For this blog I'm not sure what I'd do. Maybe... sorry I'm drawing a blank.

Who even came up with the word favicon? Oh, gosh. I just realized it quite possibly stands for favorite icon. But I still don't entirely see how that could relate to what it is. Sorta, but not completely. Ha! Google doesn't even recognize the word. But then again, there's a lot of words it doesn't recognize.

Good gracious I just scared myself. See I was looking for pictures of a modern day Versailles and I saw a picture of a couple in clothes from the 1800. The kind to be worn in the palace of Versailles. Anyway, they wore masks and wigs. EEEKKKK!!!

Okay, I suppose I should explain (and say I wasn't really scared. But it was a startling remindor of something). See, Doctor Who makes you afraid of ordinary things. What I just explained is one of them. I could write a small list.

Shadows
Santa Masks
Christmas Trees
Plastic
Gas Masks
Statues
Christmas in London

That sums up a few things. Over Doctor Who is awesome, just awesome. These things are what make it so great and it's things like Doctor Who (among a sea of other things) that make me push harder in my writing.

Oh last thing before I depart, last night I was awake late. I woke up for no reason and lay in the dark. Then a quote raced across my mind, "Hey, who turned out the lights?"

No comments:

Post a Comment