Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Yes, Again

So you'll have noticed my new header. I'm really proud of it because I made it all by my lonesome, and on paint. Haha, that's like the ultimate handicap when it comes to editing. You can't do much, but I like it because I know what I'm doing. Unlike Photoshop. I've tried it, once. Not for very long. I need to try it again, but just haven't gotten around to it. Although half the time I don't have anything to do on it anyway.

I have really gotten into the Celtic music and art lately and now I'm interested in learning more about the culture. When I was searching for pictures for my header I thought, why not find out my animal. Like ah... you know, based on when you were born you have a certain animal and color and gemstone and tree and stuff. I'm a crow, black horse, and badger. My tree is Elder, my color, gold and my gemstone Jet. Yeah, lots of black. Ever since I've become more interested in it. My mind began to think of a Nancy Drew game I played, set in Ireland. It included some of that stuff and now it's really perked my interest. Now my interest in history has broadened considerably.

I've made a little more progress in my latch hook. I've had it for years and didn't work on it for quite some time. Then a few months ago I became obsessed with finishing it. Then that vigor faded and now I'm doing it casually. I can't wait till it's done, it looks pretty good so far, although only the top quarter is done. In the end it will be a cat.

Tonight Tiana, Daniel, and I have planned to do another movie night. Meaning well make a smoothie, popcorn and set up the chair to watch, guess what... Star Wars! Yes, this time we're watching Episode I, The Phantom Menace. We're hoping to watch all the movies in order over the next few days. That's something Tiana has wanted to do for a while, and now we are! It's gonna be fun!

Well, the super bowl is Sunday. But who cares because SHERLOCK is on Sunday! Hehe, yeah, I'm not much of a sports fan. I mean I guess it's sorta exciting that the Hawks are going to the super bowl but it's no big deal to me. Mostly the fact that our family and some friends will hang out and have fun is the reason I'm excited. Well... plus the corn dogs. Yeah, I like them. Actually I haven't had one in quite some time, but I think I'll still like them. There will also be onion rings, but I don't care for those. Or fried mushrooms. I don't really care for mushrooms in general. But there will be fruit and vegetables! I hope there will be carrots and brocilli along with ranch dip. That would be good. When it comes to fruit I have no preference... well there is one fruit I had. It wasn't very good. But it was frozen so maybe it's better fresh.

When it comes to weather I like the cold, but Summer is great because of fruit. Watermelon and cantaloupe are one of the best parts. They're so good! Okay, but mind is now wandering to when I was reading a book, The Misadventures of Maude March, and they had bread and a hard slice of cheese. All of a sudden I had a huge craving for bread and cheese. It was almost weird how good it sounded. So I had some, and it was good. Yeah... that was slightly random.

I just love the song Magic of Love. It's so pretty I could listen to it forever! But I also like Our Hero, the only vocal in my collection. Even though I know next to nothing about him that song makes me think of Braveheart. I think his real name was William Wallace. But I could be wrong about that. Yeah, it makes be think of him, but I have no idea why. Well... it is kind of a song about a warrior. So for some reason my mind has linked the two. That happens quite often to me, strange links.

So I remembered a book series, The Circle C Adventures. They follow Andrea Carter in the 1800's I've read them all, although there aren't that many. Now I just remembered two more books I've read, Shadow Horse and Whirlwind. Those were surprisingly good books, great character development. Yes, the two books are connected. I think that would be called a duilogy.... maybe.

I'm so excited with the progress in True Hero! I sorta... umm, started editing the prologue at the beginning. But quickly made my way almost back where I was slightly stuck. I love the beginning now, it's going so great! I wish I would say the same for Rocha... that's going. Slow. More like a full stop. My mind has just kept changing what I want to do with it. Now I wish I'd planned more ahead, but I didn't want to. Most of the time I don't, mostly because I have time to think about it as I write it so I don't need to. But for Rocha I didn't realize how much I would need it. Like True Hero, I haven't fully planned it out, but only have a thin outline in my head. I'm trying to come up with a way to plan that is different from the usual way. I've tried it before and it hasn't worked the best for me. So I'm trying to find the way that works for me.

Boy, I'm tired. But chances are I won't be tonight. Like last night, my body wanted to sleep but my mind/eyes were wide awake. Like I'd lay there and get relaxed and the bottom half of me would get sorta sleepy but then there's my head. It just wide away and I haven't found a way to fall asleep quickly. It's nuts how late I'm awake simply because I'm not tired. Yet I've been waking up at eight for the past few days. You'd think that'd make me tired at night, but it doesn't. At least I've been having an easier time waking up this past week then I've had before. I still have a slightly hard time thought...

Well, that wraps up todays post. Until next time my loyal subjects! Erm... wait, I'm not the queen. I'm just her advisory. Until next time peasants! Yeah, that's better... I think. :P

4 comments:

  1. Can you share the link to the Celtic site thingamabobber? And I love your header!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean the one with the basic translations???

    Thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one that told you what your Celtic animal was and that whole thingamabobber.

    ReplyDelete