Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

New Ideas for the Revision

So you remember that I participated in NaNoWriMo and wrote a 50,000 word novel in a month, yes? Well... technically I did it in 27 days, but that has nothing to do with what I'm about to say. See, the original novel was about two girls who are stranded on a deserted island after being caught in a tsunami. But the island has terrorists on it. Let's cut to the chase here, the terrorists killed the president but in the process were beaten. Really this still doesn't exactly fit with what I'm about to say, but it's leading up to it.

TEN IS DEAD!!! Sorry... that really wasn't suppose to come out yet. But I just remembered and didn't want to forget. Yes, we finished series four of Doctor Who and ten is gone. It was, so, so sad. All along, he died. But Eleven is here and he's... kooky. In a good way, already I like him.

Back to the original topic, I finished NaNo and because of that one of the sponsors is offering, to all the winners, two paper back copy's of their book. Of course I need to at least have a second draft because the first is... embarrassing. Anyway, I didn't plan this story out and I no longer care for it very much. Revising is about changing it, right? Introducing, a fantasy story! Yes, this story will be quite literally unrecognizable except for the title and location. The location is the title and the title is, Rocha Island! Out with the old, in with the new. Fantasy is the big thing in my mind right now.

Wow, those are long paragraphs. I think I'm truly getting the hand of it now because before that might have been a lot more paragraphs when it didn't need to be. Then again I could have had it right all along and now I'm messing things up. I'll have to find out someday.

Back to my revised NaNo book. I've been having major inspiration although I find the setting is sliding badly. See Rocha is starting to feel like Paradise Island (for those of you who don't know or have the answer on the tip of your tough, Paradise Island is where Diana Prince AKA Wonder Woman lived). So yeah, that's not good. I have men on the island, but I almost want only women for some reason. It would just fit, but that would not work because then it really would feel like the Amazon (another name for Paradise Island).

I really like the looks of these long paragraphs. Makes me feel grown up or something. Of course with the current settings on my blog they're going to feel huge. Simply because it's more squished, see when I'm writing it it's standard length of a begging blog template. But I got it there, moved a few things about and now it's quite costume.

Don't you just love how the British talk? I mean, flat instead of apartment, lift instead of elevator. It's so awesome, and a good thing to take into account when writing a British character. Of which I'm not. Was, but not anymore. He was in the old Rocha, but that's gone. Lost to history. Okay, not really because I still had it, I'd never discard it. Ha, discard. See what I did there? I didn't use the usual, get ride of it. Gosh, being a writer is awesome, it really opens the eyes.

Someday I want to go to France. Really badly, more now then before really. I've been collecting historical photo's for my MAE History (I love actual photo of Anastasia Nikolaevna before she died, so awesome!) and mostly I've been looking for a good shot of Versailles (did you know it's pronounced Ver-sigh. I pronounced it wrong for the longest time). So now I want to visit Versailles, especially see the Hall of Mirrors. That's where Marie Antoinette and Louis Auguste got married. Squee!

I love reading about Anastasia Nikolaevna because there are real photos, not painting. I know exactly what she looked like, no weirdness from a painting. That got me extremely excited when I first read about her, real photos! Although Russians can be a bit confusing. I finally figured out a bit with the middle names and last names and stuff (still nothing on the monarchy names, Emperor, Tsar, what's the difference?).

So I found a picture of Chateau Chambord, the favored castles of Francis II and Mary Stuart. It looks unreal, like from another world. I'd make a great reference picture for a story or something, and to think it's real! Good gracious, I need to travel someday. I would have so many places to visit and learn, it'd be amazing!

One more thing, I always though so much of history was a mystery. Yet we have so much information about lots of these people. I can even see pictures of the signatures of these royal people. In mind mind I always though that'd be lost, no one would ever know. But really my mind has been opening so much these past years, I've got an entire new world to explore!

This brings to mind the ocean. Bet you weren't expecting that, eh? See, the ocean is an entire now world. We know more about the moon and I think mars then we do about our own ocean. It's waters are filled with wonders and is quite freaky. I sorta have a phobia of the ocean because I don't like squids, octopus, sea stars (not star fish, they are not fish), barnacles, seaweed. That's only a few. Dolphins are cool, normal fish are cool sharks and whales are cool. But they're huge so at the same time sorta freaky, especially when they open their mouth and it looks like my house could fit inside.

Even so, the ocean is so awesome. Okay, i just have to say this, have you ever head of The Pea Sized Giganta Cyprus? Google it.No wait... never mind. I just did and there's no pictures, but it's a strange creature I learned about years ago and it's quite interesting. Round like a ball and orange. Also, Pycnopodia Helianthoides. They are giant sea stars, up to one meters long. Just take a second and imagine that on your floor next to you. Pretty big, huh? Kind of weird if you ask me.

So I think it's about time I actually write this new idea for the completely revised Rocha Island. I only have till the middle of the year, then the offer for the free copies expires and I really want them. I want to sign them, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment