Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

It's Postin' Time!

It's time to post again, yay! I love posting now, I look forward to it everyday and really I want to write multiple posts a day. But I don't, because that'd be a bit extreme.

I guess I could write a bunch of posts in one day and schedule them, but that's just not like my blog. Because one, I'd have a million scheduled posts and two, it wouldn't be from that day. So I guess I'll just have to wait.

So my new story idea is going pretty good and for the end of the first chapter there's going to be a really creepy scene with this girl who... wait. I'm not revealing it just yet. But if I can pull it off the way I see it in my mind it's going to make the readers fall over or something.

That's always what I sorta hope for, big reactions. Even to the small things. That makes me think of a writers tip, if it's boring to you it's boring to the reader. I agree, so I don't write boring stuff. Although sometimes I forget to have calm moments. :P

For my historical blog I already have Marie Antoinette, Anastasia Romanova, Elizabeth Tudor, Mary Stuart, and Catherine the Great (seriously, didn't royal people have last names?). I say that because I can't find Catherine the greats last name. Although it's confusing because her real name is Sophie. I'm not sure if her last name was changed.

Anyway, I'm working on a post about Eleanor of Aquitaine. Another person lacking a last name. I can't find it or it doesn't exist. She was from so long ago and it the only princess who 'defies custom'. She would read and write before girls were suppose to or something.

In real history that's really cool, in books or movies? No. Because most of the time it's a princess who doesn't want to marry (Merida for instance) and really she'd just have to. Plus she'd be a little more open to it because she would have been raised that way. Or they detest dresses, seriously? You grow up in a dress and you don't like them, you wish for pants? Another, a princess or prince who want's to be ordinary.

Now I'm not saying it can never happen, but when ever story does that it just becomes predictable and unrealistic. Royal's wouldn't give up their life of luxury for one of (not just freedom) but work. Lots of work.

I like the ending of The Royal Diaries about Elizabeth Tudor. She said something along the lines of, 'and for a fleeting second I wondered if I would trade my life for that of a birds, my castle for a nest, a realm for the sky?'

Personally I love that part. That is just... so cool. It's at the very end of the diary and I just love that part. It's just so... awesome.

Enough of my talk about that because honestly, who needs to hear that? On the other hand I could babble more about it but it would become repetitive.

While I was prepping dinner, I cook today, I was cutting food. Jalapenos for instance. Those things are horrid when you cut them then touch your eyes. I've never done it, but my dad has and it looks painful. It's bad enough when you cut them and eat finger food and your mouth starts to burn.

I've been thinking I might try and get good at concept art style of drawing. Like drawing people's expressions and places. Because that would be a great way to get some of these idea's out of my head and not just on a page. Okay so they'd still be on a page, but a drawing, not a description.

A phrase that Adrian von Zeigler has on his page came to mind, 'Music continues to tell a story where words end.' I like that phrase, it's so awesome. That's why movies are awesome. But writing is awesome to.

For a while not to long ago I was obsessed with my latch hook pattern. I was working on it almost non stop and I wanted to make millions of them. Of course this is the only one I've every done so I'd need to finish this one first.

I stopped working on it a while back because I though I'd gotten the colors wrong and felt discouraged. But then i thought, heck who cares? Now it's coming together and looks okay so far. It's a cat and I can see the ears and the top of it's head so far. That's always exciting.

Recently I've become slightly obsessed with the song, Part of Your World. I like it, a lot. So I am listening to it right now. Music is just awesome in general.

I've come up with a potentially perfect way to compose, at least in the beginning. Use a song as a base. Currently I'm using, dun dun dun, I am the Doctor. For the base, in the end, when I finished it, it will sound different, yet similar. I think.

Here's my little 'pattern' so I can know sorta how to do it: (RB stands for repetitive beats)

1. Sudden start, no build up
2. Eight repetitive beats on medium violin/cello - Low/medium pitched up and down on cello in background
3. After four RB
4. Eight repetitive beats, starting just before end of 2, on violin/high pitched cello - Low trumpets, 1 2 3 - 3 2 1 in background
5. After four RB of all instruments
6. Stick patting on cello
7. Three beat patterning of timpani, two beat break
8. 7 stops, high/ medium flute starts, 1 2 3 4 - 5 5 6
9. Background epic bass build up

So that's like a foreign language to everyone but me. It takes knowing the song to sorta get it. But I've been studying music in this way. As I listen things like this chart are going through my head. Music just got a hole lot more complicated.

I guess I've made this post long enough so I'll just wait until tomorrow to post. Now to decided, should i write or work on my History blog? Or I could do latch hook or draw! I think I'll write. ;) Oh... or make music. Ah, the possibility's are endless!

3 comments:

  1. YOU HAVE A HISTORY BLOG???!!!! How did I not know this before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe. :)

    I made it Friday... or Saturday. Anyway, that could be why. :)

    Want a link? ---> maehistory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete